AFC Wimbledon are going to be on live telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF's second favourite non-league club after Oxford will have their Cup game against Wycombe Wanderers broadcast live on Setanta next Sunday. Will it be broadcast from Kingsmeadow, or is the game being shifted somewhere else? I've got lots of happy memories of Kingsmeadow from watching Kingstonians play there when I lived that way in the early 90s. Including beating Brighton in the Cup, one year.

It's at the meadow of kings, yes indeed.

But it's not on Sunday, it's on Monday night.

Comment

You'll be fucking minted after this, it seems. £75k you're getting, is it? Plus prize money.

Flash cockney bastards.

Comment

We give most of the prize money to the players.

But yeah, it's a fair old whack. Just hope we don't waste it on getting even more footballers.

Comment

Monday, sorry, not Sunday. To be honest, even Setanta were more breathless in their adverts about announcing they had "THE FIRST GAME IN THIS SEASON'S FA CUP" (Leeds - Northampton) on Friday night, which will come as curious news to the 500-odd sides who've already mysteriously exited this year's competition before the first game.

I and they knew what they meant, of course.

Comment

OTF's second favourite non-league club after Oxford
            okay, so there are a lot Oxford fans on here (proportionally speaking), but favourite?? Second favorite? Third favourite?

Comment

TonTon wrote:
              We give most of the prize money to the players.

But yeah, it's a fair old whack. Just hope we don't waste it on getting even more footballers.
              As their bonus? That's interesting. How widespread is that?

Comment

Is this the official FA Cup thread then?

First season since (I have no idea when) that there hasn't been a Welsh side in the first round of the competition. Wrexham went out in the last qualification round and both Swansea City and Cardiff City enter at the third round stage.

Comment

NO! The official FA Cup thread is called 'It's FA Cup time' and was started by me in July or something daft.

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Yeah, the actual prize money from the FA. I dunno who else does anything similar. But lots of players get a cup-win bonus, don't they?

Comment

Why is Leeds v Northampton on?

What kind of a shit decision is that?

Comment

Well, at least they're not showing AFC Bastard Hornchurch.

Comment

Indeed.

For me the Monday night was the best outcome anyway, as I have things I really want to do on both the Saturday and the Sunday.

Comment

This is on telly in Finland, too. You should really think about relocating to tap these international markets.

Comment

haha

Will you be watching it then?

Comment

TonTon wrote:
                                  haha

Will you be watching it then?
                                  Of course I will. As long as I don't get distracted by something else.

They are also going to show Leeds-Northampton, Leicester-somebody else, and Brentford-Havant and Waterlooville.

I hope they explain things properly, indeed I might try and sell an article about the club to somebody. Finnish fans are often left without a club by bankruptcies, and then clubs start again in the lower leagues, but it's always with some 'patron' or other calling the shots.

Comment

Leicester-Stevenage

I guess Leeds and Leicester are being shown as they have enough fans around the place to get a decent audience share. Just in the way the BBC tended* to show ties between two Premier League clubs as if these were somehow the most interesting matches. Which they invariably weren't.

* - to be fair to the Beeb, in the last couple of seasons their choices in what to show live improved.

Comment

AFC Wimbledon types may be pleased to hear that the commentator in the Hearts-Celtic match on Setanta yesterday referred to AFC Wimbledon as "past winners of the FA Cup in their previous guise".

Comment

Soopoib.

Comment

This will be televised in the US as well.

Comment

Shit, when's the Leicester game on? We assumed that as we'd been drawn at home it wouldn't attract coverage.

Comment

What time's kick-off, and anyone fancy going down so we can all be on telly?

Comment

and its the 8th (to be sure)?

and if so, we would ask, nay, DEMAND an OTF/WSC banner there.

OR ELSE.

(or else we will have to come to the game ourselves.)

Comment

actually, Wyatt, this might be possible.

TT: will there be tickets available on the night?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X