No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. Starts next week on Bravo. Sandra Oh's been nominated for an Emmy for her performance.

Comment

Excellent. I hope I'm not alone in enjoying it. But I am worried that the denouement is not going to live up to high quality of the start.

Comment

I just watched the first episode of "Who Is America". The first segment was funny, the second was weird and the last was downright terrifying. I can't wait until the next installment.

Comment

I'm watching Season 1 of The Americans and really enjoying it. I'd forgotten a lot and it's good to notice the detail.

The way it's written - jumping straight into new situations and subplots without any build-up - makes you think you've missed something, or it did me, but I've seen all of it. It just makes more sense the second time around. Gregory and Elizabeth's relationship, for example, (although that is still a bit of a weird one).

Comment

That would be a good one to watch again. I keep saying I'm going to do that with Fringe, but I never get around to it.

I watched Logan last night for the first time. I wish I hadn't. By far it's the worst of the entire X-Men franchise.

Comment

Happy Valley is very good, with a great lead performance and clever writing. Dark, though.

Comment

Watching the unedited full-length versions of the Burns & Novick documentary on the Vietnam War on Netflix.

Are the Civil War and World War 2 series' any good? Not sure how well they'd work without the same degree of visual source material or talking heads.

Comment

My memory of the Civil War one is that it's too dependent on Shelby Foote, but I'm not exactly a historian so I'm not the best judge of that.

Comment

That's a valid criticism, but I still think it is worth watching, especially if one hasn't studied the war. I haven't seen the WWII one.

Comment

Are those on NetFlix?

Comment

In 30 mns on C4:

The Football Club: Artist in Residence.

About the programme: Artist Tai Schierenberg spends a season at West Bromwich Albion, during an incredibly turbulent period for the club

Sounds good.

Comment

Secret City is very good and on Netflix

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4976512/

Comment

As a fan of card tricks, I managed to find "Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay" on Netflix.

For those who don't know who Ricky Jay is, he's probably the best card manipulator ever. This is a sort of biography of a very private man but also a trip through some of the great magicians and card sharps who you may or may not have heard of. It's simultaneously about his life but without really giving much insight which I suspect is the point because that is the way Ricky Jay does things. Anyway, I found it fascinating stuff about the art of magic and cards.

Comment

Belatedly realised that "Who is America" is available on UK terrestrial (Channel 4), so started recording it from episode 5 and dipping in to watch the recordings. I can only manage 5 minutes or so at a time. It's brilliant, but so uncomfortable to watch that I get a kind of embarrassment overload. I guess SBC's special talent is to keep going when things are beyond cringe-making.

Comment

Ooh, had missed that. Thanks. Will check it out this week.

I saw a very good tribe called quest documentary on Netflix tonight. The narrative ark of the band is the template of many, many other bands. Group of kids from the same neighbourhood form a group in their teens. First album good, second and third even better. Tensions start to appear within the band. Next two albums aren't as good. Band split up. Ten years later they reform again to tour. The documentary was made in 2011 so it doesn't cover their final chapter - the death of phife dawg and the subsequent completion of their last album by the remaining 3 members but it's still well worth watching, especially if you have fond memories of the daisy age and the native tongues movement.

Comment

Watching some typical Sunday evening chaff on BBC2 called Eight Go Rallying; the road to Saigon. Noel Edmonds really is an utter, utter, utter, utter, utter twat.

Comment

I started watching Atlanta last night. I enjoyed it, but the first few episodes are available "on demand" for $1.99 each. Now that I've seen the first episode and have an idea of the story, I might just skip to the more recent episodes that are free to watch.

Comment

You're right, ff. It'll be a cold day in hell before i start paying for individual episodes.

In signing up for all4 today to watch the aforementioned "a football club: Artist in residence," i see that they have all six series of community on their site. I have been hoping to watch these ever since i fell in love with Gillian Jacobs in Love on Netfilx.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                        . I guess SBC's special talent is to keep going when things are beyond cringe-making.
                                        I can't watch his stuff much for precisely that cringe factor. I think he is very bold, almost to the point of wondering if he has sociopathic tendencies. He knows exactly what he's doing to people in leading them on to make them look stupid. There's a cruelty there that's quite breathtaking. Not that most of his victims don't deserve it.

Comment

I watched the first episode of 'Krypton' this evening. It's a Superman prequel series about his grandfather.

It's weirdly clichéd but I thought it was watchable. Story moved on at a decent rate too.

Comment

I've been watching Seinfeld on Hulu.

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark was on BBC Two. Re-watched it for god knows the how many time, as so did many of the people I follow on Twitter. Worth it, because it really is flawless.

Comment

I watched that and am now spellbound by Eight Go Rallying, which features my mate Andi Oliver, and Noel Edmonds sharing his spiritual theories with Jordan Stephens and Tinchy Stryder, which is comedy gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                                  I started watching Atlanta last night. I enjoyed it, but the first few episodes are available "on demand" for $1.99 each. Now that I've seen the first episode and have an idea of the story, I might just skip to the more recent episodes that are free to watch.
                                                  It's worth the money, but having said that there are few shows where the inter-episode story matters less than Atlanta.

Comment

That was my impression after watching the first episode. I just hate paying Verizon (specifically) per episode since I'm already paying them through the nose for cable TV.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X