No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bright would be better as a series. The first hour or so would have made a great pilot. But then it tries to cover way too much territory in a short time and just comes off as superficial and goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
      Also, if you have Prime, make sure you watch Motzart in the Jungle, it's brilliant.
      Many thanks for that recommendation. We started season one this afternoon and are now on episode six, having fitted in a film (Patriots Day) partway through.

Plus agreement with HP re Bright. It could have been so much better if it had not been so rushed.

Comment

First episode of the latest season of Letterkenny released Christmas Day. It's now attained, what I can only describe, as a kind of televisual poetry that's unique. I've certainly never come across anything comparable anyway.

Comment

Watching the first episode of Peaky Blinders. I'm not feeling it. I have no idea what's going on.

Comment

Is it the first season, or the most recent one (fourth?) You need to come at it from the beginning.

Comment

First season. I always have to start from the beginning. It's an OCD thing, I think.

Comment

Finished the pretty damn good/excellent Bloodline, and have now started S3 of Narcos, which is also excellent.

We watched the first two eps of American Horror Story - Cult and realized we just don't give a fuck any more. Don't like the pacing, don't like the people, just...go away.

Comment

@ FF: No, it makes sense.

For those who have an affection for heist movies/series there's an excellent new one on Netflix. La Casa de Papel is a Spanish production in thirteen episodes, about a gang who attempt to rob the national mint. Not only that but they also print enough money to make it worth their while when they're inside. Tension is always the key in this type of narrative and there's bags of it here as the gang holds the staff hostage. However a key to their success is maintaining public support, so not harming anyone is crucial. Only watched the first two episodes, and it's a question as to how the well the premise will sustain over the series. Well worth watching to find out though.

Comment

"Letterkenny Ontario is a fictional community loosely based on Keeso's home community of Listowel, Ontario."

You lads are going to have to start getting your own names.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                      First episode of the latest season of Letterkenny released Christmas Day. It's now attained, what I can only describe, as a kind of televisual poetry that's unique. I've certainly never come across anything comparable anyway.
                      We still can’t get full episodes here.

Comment

I’m getting way into Vikings and have also started The Last Kingdom.

Comment

We still can’t get full episodes here.

That's a shame, but not surprising. It's genuinely eccentric. TBH it's amazing it exists beyond youtube.
                          Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 28-12-2017, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                            I’m getting way into Vikings and have also started The Last Kingdom.
                            Vikings is great, I'm desperately hoping Lagertha survives the current series.

The Last Kingdom is OK but typical of the kind of Netflix series that appears to be assembled from the spare parts of something better. In this case Vikings.
                            Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 28-12-2017, 18:34.

Comment

I really should stop being surprised at series crossing the atlantic and becoming a streaming service's thing. Mr Robot is advertised as a Amazon thing in the UK and I believe that The Last Kingdom is a BBC program (though probably with other funding).

Comment

The BBC, along with Netflix and three or four other outlets, are distributors of The Last Kingdom. The producers are Carnival Film and Television. It was filmed in Hungary.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                  Finished the pretty damn good/excellent Bloodline, and have now started S3 of Narcos, which is also excellent.

We watched the first two eps of American Horror Story - Cult and realized we just don't give a fuck any more. Don't like the pacing, don't like the people, just...go away.
                                  I gave up on it after a couple of episodes of Hotel.

Comment

Watched the new Star Trek series with the faither these past few days. Not bad at all, and I’m not really a fan usually (still haven’t seen the last movie with Cumberface).

Comment

Hotel was agony. Roanoke was a neat twist on an old formula. But it's just done now.

Comment

Saw Lady Bird at the movies today. What a charming, lovely film.

Comment

Interesting. I wouldn't have expected a bio-pic about LBJ's wife to be both charming and lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                            Interesting. I wouldn't have expected a bio-pic about LBJ's wife to be both charming and lovely.
                                            Ha!

Comment

Black Mirror's back folks!

Comment

Episode 1 USS Callister, I really enjoyed that.

[spoiler] (Misunderstanding of what DNA affects ignored) [/spoiler]

Comment

Hmmm

[spoiler]Ah, it works. Carry on.[/spoiler]

Comment

I went to see Downsizing at the cinema yesterday, and left massively disappointed. I generally really like Alexander Payne films. I normally like Matt Damon playing Dorky Matt Damon, despite him apparently not covering himself in glory recently. And the premise is really interesting.

But the film was just all over the place. The first third was basically the start of the film I expected to see. Light-hearted and entertaining and playing with the premise of shrinking people. But then the film just went of all over the place, with what seemed like a bunch of racist charicatures, some bizarre childish humour, and no consistency about anything. It was massively frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X