• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Watching

Big Bang Theory is very rubbish.

Comment

Current Watching

As I think I said when we had a thread on it, I was quite looking forward to TBBT after I read some very positive comments on US blogs, but I thought it was utter tosh. The IT Crowd but worse. All the jokes are telegraphed from miles away and the characters aren't believable at all.

Comment

Current Watching

Just watched Be Kind Rewind tonight. Disappointing really. Not too many laugh out moments, and although the performances were solid it didn't really do anything for me.

Comment

Current Watching

Ghost Town. New romcom with Ricky Gervais and Tea Leoni. Er. I really enjoyed it. It made me both laugh and cry. I know people will hate the idea of Gervais in this sort of role, but he's really good. So, yeah.

Comment

Current Watching

I've got a bit of a crush on Tea Leoni, so I might have to watch that against my better judgment.

Comment

Current Watching

She plays a scientist! Some sort of archaeologist/anthropologist sort of thing. She does the clever-and-pretty-but-also-quite-ditzy thing very well.

Maybe all this stuff about her husband going back to rehab is quite cleverly timed too.

Comment

Current Watching

Ginger Yellow wrote:
                I've got a bit of a crush on Tea Leoni, so I might have to watch that against my better judgment.
                A bit of a crush on Tea Leoni? Is such a thing possible?

When she was in that not very good but watchable sitcom where she was the hot girlfriend of a nerd (name of show? Flying or something?) she was beautiful, I will have to check how she has aged.

Edit after research : Flying Blind, that was it. I liked that show. She looks pretty wonderful in this new one as well.

I used to have the biggest crush on Helen Hunt in 'Mad About You' as well, enjoyed the show too until it got really stupid.

Comment

Current Watching

"She does the clever-and-pretty-but-also-quite-ditzy thing very well."

Indeed. I'm a sucker for that. See also: Fred off of Angel.

Comment

Current Watching

For the last couple of months I've been watching a lot of American TV shows that I missed. The joy of upgrading to a 20MB broadband and a rapidshare account means the world is my oyster.

I've watched the first season of Veronica Mars. It's a bit Basil Exposition and large dollops of suspension of belief are required but I quite like it. I'm not sure how my interest is going to be after the end of the season long case. I watched the first episode of the second series and it didn't do much for me.

I've watched four seasons of Weeds now. I thought the first season was very good with some laughs. It's quality has gone massively downhill with the seasons though and I only keep watching because of my fondness for the lead character and the occassional laugh from Doug or the younger son.

Comment

Current Watching

Re: Veronica Mars. Season two is still pretty good, although not as great as season one. It adds a lot of depth to Veronica and to her relationships with her dad, Wallace and some of the other characters. Don't bother with season three, though, unless you want your memories of the previous seasons ruined.

Comment

Current Watching

Tips for other TV series to pursue would be nice too. The Wire and The Sopranos have been devoured already. Deadwood, Freaks and Geeks, Friday Night Lights and Battlestar Galactica are on my "To Watch" list.

edit - Thanks GY.

Comment

Current Watching

Dexter.

Comment

Current Watching

Fred off of Angel.
                            I love her too. She's so thin though it breaks my heart.

Anyway has anyone seen Babylon AD?I really need to just go and watch something big and stupid and amoral with car chases and things blowing up every few minutes.

Comment

Current Watching

The theme tune for season 2 of the wire isn't as good as the one for season 1.

Comment

Current Watching

And yet it's the original version.

Comment

Current Watching

I like the Season 4 version as well, with the Bal'm'r kids singing.

Comment

Current Watching

Ginger Yellow wrote:
                                    "She does the clever-and-pretty-but-also-quite-ditzy thing very well."

Indeed. I'm a sucker for that. See also: Fred off of Angel.
                                    And, it goes without saying, which is why I didn't, Willow.

Comment

Current Watching

I will never understand the Willow thing. Almost everyone in Buffy was hotter than Willow.

Comment

Current Watching

W.O.H.P!!!!

Comment

Current Watching

The fifth series of the Wire has the worst theme. It sounds horribly like the bloke from Nickleback.

Comment

Current Watching

Futurama, Willow... Your judgement with regard to cult TV is seriously suspect.

Comment

Current Watching

Lyra wrote:
                                              I will never understand the Willow thing. Almost everyone in Buffy was hotter than Willow.
                                              We agree on lots, and disagree on lots, but I honestly don't think you and I are further apart on anything than we are on this...

Comment

Current Watching

Mine? Huh. Here is a list of ten people in Buffy who are more attractive than Willow

1/ Spike
                                                2/ Faith
                                                3/ Angel
                                                4/ Oz
                                                5/ Darla
                                                6/ Drusilla
                                                7/ Glory
                                                8/ Riley
                                                9/ Jonathan
                                                10/ Adam

Comment

Current Watching

Mitch wrote:
                                                  The fifth series of the Wire has the worst theme. It sounds horribly like the bloke from Nickleback.
                                                  It is, in fact, Steve Earle, and I think it's pretty good. But then I would. I've not heard it in situ, though; just on Earle's most recent album.

Comment

Current Watching

Earle is in s5 a bit more than usual too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X