Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
    I’ve never listened to it, but i’ve heard of it.

I prefer to go with the unabridged versions, but may try that version eventually.

Comment

More like current not-watching. I just realised today, when we tried to watch the latest episode which wasn't there, that season 3 of the Good Place stopped last week. In hindsight, it was a cliff-hanger.

Comment

I binged 10 episodes of Daredevil S3 yesterday. I went to sleep at 5am.

My name is Femme Folle and I am a Netflix Marvel addict. The urge to watch *one more episode* is almost impossible to resist.

Shout out to my lovely pets for letting me sleep until 2pm.

Comment

I loved Daredevil, think I just watched S1 and S2.

Comment

Thanks to PF for French advice. Will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              More like current not-watching. I just realised today, when we tried to watch the latest episode which wasn't there, that season 3 of the Good Place stopped last week. In hindsight, it was a cliff-hanger.
              Same here. I'll take your word for it that it was a cliff-hanger as I have no recollection whatsoever of what happened in that episode even though I watched it just a week ago, which is sadly par for the course with that third season. I was hoping it would pick up in the final couple of episodes but it turns out that we've had them already and it didn't.

Comment

//SPOILER

Janet took them all into her void.

(Ooh er)

Comment

Ah yes, thank you. They're really stretching that concept mightily thin now.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    Is it a full season or a half-season? There's only been eight episodes, that's low for a network show the first two seasons were 12/13. It's likely it'll return sometime after Christmas.

Comment

I’m watching the third season of The Last Kingdom. Too violent, yet still intriguing.

Comment

I'm watching Maniac on Netflix. If I had known that my favorite director/producer (Fukanaga) was involved in it, I would have watched it ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                          I binged 10 episodes of Daredevil S3 yesterday. I went to sleep at 5am.

My name is Femme Folle and I am a Netflix Marvel addict. The urge to watch *one more episode* is almost impossible to resist.

Shout out to my lovely pets for letting me sleep until 2pm.
                          I am so far behind on Netflix Marvel, I've still got JJ2, LC2, IF2 and DD3 to watch. I've been ploughing through series 3 & 4 of Gotham at the moment and have just 3 episodes to see, so I'll likely dive into all the pending Marvel series next. I'm hoping that I'm doing it in the right order as I most recently watched the Defenders mash up.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                            Is it a full season or a half-season? There's only been eight episodes, that's low for a network show the first two seasons were 12/13. It's likely it'll return sometime after Christmas.
                            I don't know. There just wasn't a new episode there. The ending was a suitable season ending though.

As Fussbudget says, the concept has lost its way a bit. There is a hint at some kind of pending revolution / war to upset the way humans are judged post-mortem but I feel ambivalent about that.

There are a few Netflix series that only last 8 episodes. Atypical is one of them.

Comment

I'm watching "Sopranos". It's pretty good.

Comment

Still my favourite ever drama series.

Comment

Probably the greatest ever TV series, I’m conteplating a second complete weekly rewatch sometime soon actually

Comment

I think "the Wire" is better, tbh. I'm not certain there aren't others. But I am sure about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                      I am so far behind on Netflix Marvel, I've still got JJ2, LC2, IF2 and DD3 to watch. I've been ploughing through series 3 & 4 of Gotham at the moment and have just 3 episodes to see, so I'll likely dive into all the pending Marvel series next. I'm hoping that I'm doing it in the right order as I most recently watched the Defenders mash up.
                                      It seems that before all of those The Punisher was released, so I'm going there instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                        I'm watching "Sopranos". It's pretty good.
                                        Yeah, I think it won like 32 Emmys for Pretty Good Drama over its six seasons.

Comment

I still have internal debates about whether it's The Wire or The Sopranos for best-ever. Breaking Bad comes a close third.

Comment

Been watching Narcos Mexico season 1. It’s not bad tv, but you get the feeling the producers are trying to squeeze the last ounce of interest in Drug Cartel Dramas pdq so soon after after Narcos and El Chapo.

Meanwhile, on the Beeb, the current Sunday night double-header of Dynasties - a David Attenborough nature vehicle - and The Little Drummer Girl - one of the few Le Carré spy novel adaptations I’ve not read - are both worth a watch.

Comment

After enjoying the first Dynasties episode, because I love chimpanzee politics, I've been a bit disappointed with the others. Great footage of course, but these are animal stories we've seen before, countless times. Emperor penguins and lions must be among the most common subjects for nature documentaries. I'm not sure why they need entire episodes of a flagship production dedicated to them, especially when they're not showing us any novel behaviour or anything like that, like we have with orcas in recent Beeb shows. On the plus side, they're showing it in 4K HDR on the iPlayer and it looks great.

Comment

We missed the last couple of seasons of The Sopranos by moving to Madrid for 2 years and did a snail’s pace binge watch of always taking the boxset away on holiday with us but almost never watching it at home (our TV set-up lags many years behind most people’s, too).
                                                Anyway, finally got to the last episodes via tv catch up and then it expired. Don’t worry, I said, we’ve got the boxset in a drawer...
                                                Who knew there were TWO season 6s??!
                                                Everybody else, obviously.
                                                So finally finally we borrowed it from a colleague and saw the last few last week in normal speed binge watching (well, one a night).
                                                It was worth the wait.

But The Wire still tops it.

Comment

I'm rewatching most of The Magicians from the beginning. Season 4 will come in January, I think.

I'm finding my tolerance for violence on TV to be rapidly declining. So I don't plan to watch any more Narcos.

Comment

I'm not sure that it's really all that easy to compare the Sopranos and the Wire. They've got a few similarities, and the Wire wouldn't have been made if not for the Sopranos making it clear that there was a market for this kind of thing. But the Sopranos is an extended dive into the world of rather a limited number of people, while the wire is a series of relatively short, intense dips into a wide variety of worlds, and is more about trying to reveal truths across society, while the Sopranos is a really good soap opera about interesting Arseholes in New Jersey.

I found the wire to be a bit like reading Simon Sebag Montefiore's book about jerusalem. The first time you watch it, you're struggling to come to grips with the story and desperately trying to figure out who is who, and you're only getting a basic grip on what is going on, but you're enjoying it immensely because it is a ripping yarn. The second time around you have a much better idea of what is going on, and you have fairly decent knowledge of the main characters who are so vivid that it's often difficult to pay attention to the other characters the first time around.

I suppose really one is trying to tell the ultimate gangster/tv soap opera story, and the other is trying to create a new type of television programme, that happens to feature Gangsters. I suppose ultimately though the Sopranos stands up better to repeated watching.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X