No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hansa Studios: By the Wall 1976-90 - Sky Arts. I had no idea that Marillion recorded Misplaced Childhood there.

Comment

Didn't the video for Kayleigh give you a clue?

Comment

That sounds a bit snarky, wasn't meant to.

Comment

No offence taken TG. I have never seen the video but then again they were never on my radar.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

I am slightly gushing, and I am about to 'not care' for the musical guest, but tonight's episode of Saturday Night Live has been exceptional. The black guy doing "LaVar Ball" is fabulous, and if I remember his name, I won't feel another addition to the racist thread coming on.

Kenan Thompson. He made Michael Che almost piss himself.

Comment

Fucking hell.

I hope at least one other person in the world, just saw what I saw. That 'ATM' sketch was phenomenal.

Comment

"Full bush."

Brilliant. Best episode EVER.

Comment

TV version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy. Another viewing, but Hell, TV that good deserves more than one look.

Comment

Inside No 9. Only saw this for the first time during the week ("Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room") and thoroughly enjoyed it. Downloaded the previous 3 series and have been happily catching up. Sublime stuff with particular nods to "Last Gasp", "The Understudy", "La Couchette" and "The Bill". Hugely recommended, esp if you enjoyed The League of Gentlemen.

Comment

All caught up on Ray Donovan. Love it.

Comment

I need to catch up on that too.

I've been obsessively watching documentaries about the English monarchy. There was a series on the Smithsonian channel about Windsor Castle. I don't think my fascination is because I think the monarchy is so fantastic, just that the idea of it is so foreign to Americans. At least it was until the Habsburg-trumps moved into the WH.

Comment

The Chi. Seems depressing but there is a lot of depth there.

Comment

I'm watching an HBO documentary about David Bowie: The Last Five Years. Enjoying it, but feeling sad that he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                The Chi. Seems depressing but there is a lot of depth there.
                                Yeah. The first episode was well made (in a 'Wirey' sort of way) and the conclusion surprising. I'm looking forward to tonight's.

Comment

We finished Dark on Netflix this afternoon. Dead good. Really, really dead good. I spent bits of the first couple of episodes thinking it was just a German-language version of Stranger Things with slightly older kids, but it's not. I wasn't a huge fan of the last two seconds, but not being a big fan of the last two seconds when the series is about nine and a half hours long leaves a fair bit of room for praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

I've been obsessively watching documentaries about the English monarchy. There was a series on the Smithsonian channel about Windsor Castle. I don't think my fascination is because I think the monarchy is so fantastic, just that the idea of it is so foreign to Americans. At least it was until the Habsburg-trumps moved into the WH.
                                    It's weird. While everyone who grew up in the UK will know about the monarchy, it's relevance to life is almost zero, unless you want them to be the most important thing in your life. They are faces in the papers and occasional mentions on the news, and an excuse for holidays, but generally no one cares. The people who fill their houses with royal tat are catered for by Monarchy magazine and occupy the same level of society as obsessive cockapoo breeders or postbox aficionados. Everyone else thinks they're nuts, but harmless.

I can understand Americans being interested in the concept. I don't get the ones who squee over Kate getting pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                      We finished Dark on Netflix this afternoon. Dead good. Really, really dead good. I spent bits of the first couple of episodes thinking it was just a German-language version of Stranger Things with slightly older kids, but it's not. I wasn't a huge fan of the last two seconds, but not being a big fan of the last two seconds when the series is about nine and a half hours long leaves a fair bit of room for praise.
                                      I really enjoyed Dark, but only up to about episode six; after that, it changed into something completely different, akin to Twelve Monkeys.

Comment

Starting to watch American Gods - Crumbs!! It's all a bit of a sensory overload, not sure I can keep up the pace.

But STD is back, hurrah!! Unfortunate call back to the mirror universe, all they need are Vulcans with goatees - oh wait!
                                        Best to stay off the webverse , it spoils everything though, bloody fan theories.

Comment

While I enjoyed American Gods for the 1st few episodes, I didn't actually finish it. Guess I just decided it wasn't for me.

Comment

Catching up on '1993', Italian political thriller tv series about that year, when plenty happend in Italy (a follow up to '1992') as an appetizer to the 3rd series of 'Gomorrah" out on the 31st...

Comment

Accidentally caught the first episode of Man Like Mobeen last night when I was supposed to be going to bed.
                                              Good fun, that.

Comment

But STD is back, hurrah!!
                                                You really should finish the whole course of antibiotics.

Comment

The End of the F***ing World on Netflix. Just watched a couple of episodes while taking a break from my cleaning to eat lunch.

Comment

It's brilliant. We don't often watch things in one go, but this demands it. Early doors, but the best new show I've seen so far this year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X