So, how bad is this new Peter Kay show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
    To be fair, 28 quid to see Jimmy Carr is excellent value. Although not so much for the 'greatest hits' thing.
    It was indeed the Greatest Hits tour, Chichester, on Monday. Stewart Lee was only £23 at Brighton Dome, Content Provider tour in February. Now that was value for money!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      The renumeration for the gigs completely dwarfs anything he could earn doing anything else.
      Well yeah, but he's working for it is what I meant.

Comment

Bridges, Kay, McIntyre, they must be raking it in, even 2nd order folk can make a million from a small enough tour. I just can’t believe 10000+ are willing to watch so many stand ups these days. Yet small comedy clubs are dying. How will the new generation get onto shit C4 panel shows that propel them to their fortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
          Bridges, Kay, McIntyre, they must be raking it in, even 2nd order folk can make a million from a small enough tour. I just can’t believe 10000+ are willing to watch so many stand ups these days. Yet small comedy clubs are dying. How will the new generation get onto shit C4 panel shows that propel them to their fortune?
          Not wishing to derail the thread, but I came across my old copy of Q from August 1998 today. It had a feature about the 100 wealthiest rock stars and at number 90 and upwards the numbers were absolutely tiny by today's standards.

Comment

That was before touring the enormo-domes became a thing. Kay did 30 consecutive days at Manchester Arena. Back of a fag packet calculations, 10,000 tickets a night at £30 a ticket = £300,000 in ticket sales. Merchandise at £50,000 a night. Staging costs and arena hire for that kind of event are £20k a night maximum.

He was clearing £200k a night easy. It's why people do it.

Comment

How will the new generation get onto shit C4 panel shows that propel them to their fortune?
              The same way that they have done - by signing with the right agency. There are two agencies that supply talent to every panel show on TV. If you don't go with them, then it doesn't matter how good you are, your chances of getting on TV are nil. It's why when the discussion about women on panel shows came up they were able to fill all those suddenly required seats. With Katherine Ryan.

What? You thought those seats would be filled by different women?

Comment

Oh god it turns out I know of this Ryan even if I didn’t know her name. She’s sub sub Silverman shit. That horrible laugh at your ugly partner thing with Jimmy Carr, the ads are horrocious enough.
                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-11-2017, 18:30.

Comment

horrocious
                  Good word, that. I've learned something today.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    The same way that they have done - by signing with the right agency. There are two agencies that supply talent to every panel show on TV. If you don't go with them, then it doesn't matter how good you are, your chances of getting on TV are nil. It's why when the discussion about women on panel shows came up they were able to fill all those suddenly required seats. With Katherine Ryan.
                    I presume it’s still Avalon and Off The Kerb who are the duopoly? I did wonder of the death of Addison Cresswell had dented the latter at all.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-11-2017, 02:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                      Good word, that. I've learned something today.
                      Not much known out of me typing that, unless I’m unconsciously plagiarising again. But it should be a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        I presume it’s still Avalon and Off The Kerb who are the duopoly? I did wonder of the death of Addison Cresswell had dented the latter at all.
                        I’m a little out of touch with the detail of it all but yes, still those two.

Comment

Hot on the heels of this, (Off the Kerb client) Kevin Bridges checks in with a tour that's now up to 57 dates - generally big theatres rather than the arenas that Peter Kay is filling, but he is doing 15 nights at the Hydro in Glasgow.

I remember when I was a lad and it was a big deal when Newman and Baddiel did Wembley Arena....

Comment

15 nights makes a lot of rewinding for the DVD...

Comment

WFD: Are you in the know about ... agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                Hot on the heels of this, (Off the Kerb client) Kevin Bridges checks in with a tour that's now up to 57 dates - generally big theatres rather than the arenas that Peter Kay is filling, but he is doing 15 nights at the Hydro in Glasgow.

I remember when I was a lad and it was a big deal when Newman and Baddiel did Wembley Arena....

Fucking hell thats upwards of 180000 will be seeing him in Glasgow. Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                  WFD: Are you in the know about ... agent?
                                  ??? I know nothing.

Comment

Fucking hell thats upwards of 180000 will be seeing him in Glasgow. Christ.
                                    These things seem to reach a critical mass, where people are scared to miss out, like the scramble for Ed Sheeran tickets earlier in the year. Easy Christmas present too.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                      Ha! I laugh at your 45 quid, a quick search online offered me tickets, on legitimate sites, for prices from €138 to €163 for his Dublin shows
                                      As someone else said on the internet recently, save money on Peter Kay tickets by remembering things yourself.

Comment

Entire tour cancelled due to "unforeseen family circumstances".

Comment

Must be a serious family illness I would think because that's a lot of cash he's passing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

What? You thought those seats would be filled by different women?
                                            Katherine Ryan isn't with either of those two agencies, though.

Comment

Working...
                                            X