Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat your beans, Rosie.

From Soccerlens:

Writers on soap opera Coronation Street have been forced to make changes to their script after dozens of complaints about anti-Rangers line by one its characters. In a recent episode Scottish character Tony Gordon said: “I could no more be interested in Rosie Webster than I could support Glasgow Rangers.”

The complaints forced bosses at the ITV programme to remove another Rangers jibe which had been due to appear in a forthcoming episode. Gordon had originally been scripted to say he was allergic to “warm beer, the English national anthem and Glasgow Rangers”. The line has now been removed to avoid offending Rangers fans for a second time.

Maybe they should have a few of the Mancunian characters complaining that their council tax paid for the clean-up operation after Rangers’ UEFA Cup final defeat!
    While I strongly applaud the stand made by the roguish Tony Gordon over Rangers, I refuse to even acknowledge his point about Rosie ‘eat your beans, Rosie’ Webster. The sight of her dumplings spilling over her vest in a recent episode was enough to, well, ‘have several Mancunian characters complain that their council tax had paid for the clean-up operation’.

Eat your beans, Rosie.

I don't know who Rosie Webster is because I don't watch the soaps, but having done a Google Image Search I can certainly see your point. She can eat my beans any time.

Mind you, I can't believe The Sunday Mail went with the headline 'Everything's Coming Up Rosie' (which may or may not be relevant to the plotline, I can only guess).

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Well, in this instance, no one was coming up Rosie. But not for the want of her trying. She's only meant to be 17 or something. It's frankly scandalous.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

I notice among all the more obvious clips of the actress on youtube there is one titled (and indeed consisting almost solely of) "Helen Flanagan wearing black opaque tights on GMTV".

I like the specific nature of the kink.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Harri Saer wrote:
          I notice among all the more obvious clips of the actress on youtube there is one titled (and indeed consisting almost solely of) "Helen Flanagan wearing black opaque tights on GMTV".

Did you find the clip with a search for "black opaque tights" or "Helen Flanagan".

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Complaining is the new way of supporting your team now. I think I'll start a league table for it.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Harri Saer wrote:

When I went looking to find out who that nordie bird that adrian chiles is supposed to be doing the bould thing with, the first link was a youtube video specifying X in black opaque tights as well. It was well weird.

Adrian chiles is punching well above his weight by the way.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Only to prove my WSC investigatory zeal, my research leads me to believe it is all the work of one man.

Who is Chiles' Nordic squeeze then?

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

nordie, the woman who presents that tv show with him that has nothing to do with football.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Oh, I misread you. I thought that nothing was going on there or am I too trusting a soul?

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

More Coronation Street and football links

So Reece Dinsdale posts on Down At The Mac then. That's ace.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

He was featured in this, where he slags off Patrick Stewart for being a plastic Huddersfield Town fan, which I suspect isn't an insult that gets bandied around that much.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Hey. Here's a thing. Reece Dinsdale plays the father of Tina McIntyre, played by Michelle Keegan, and she's going out with FC United's sometime left back, Brad 'McHero' Howard.

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

Ah, Reece Dinsdale. Star of "Threads", so a bit of a hero of mine (even though he doesn't survive the couple of megatons that fall on Sheffield).

Comment

Eat your beans, Rosie.

tina mcintyre is hotter than rosie webster.

tony gordon is clearly a rangers fan - he's just a compulsive dissembler.

Comment

Working...
                              X