Morphing earworms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morphing earworms

Oh, also, 'Spill the Wine' (E. Burdon & War) and 'Evil Ways' (Santana) use the exact same riff, same key, so you can go from one to the other any time you like.

Comment

Morphing earworms

'Get Up, Stand Up' keeps changing into "Slipping Into Darkness'.

Comment

Morphing earworms

I was listening to "I Eat Cannibals" by Toto Coelo yesterday (and, by the way, TUNE!, honestly, it's sounding surprisingly great right now for a novelty song I hated at the time of its release)... and it kept merging into this playground chant from the 1970s that went "oompah, oompah, stick it up your jump-ah".

Comment

Morphing earworms

This week, that Zombie Nation tune has turned into Frosty the Snowman which then turned into Dick in a Box and now I've got This Corrosion going on in myhead.

Comment

Morphing earworms

We definitely did this before. My one is Laura by the Scissor Sisters, which always becomes the theme from Thomas the Tank Engine.

Comment

Morphing earworms

Ginger Yellow wrote:
              We definitely did this before. My one is Laura by the Scissor Sisters, which always becomes the theme from Thomas the Tank Engine.
              No, this is still the same thread, I think. I started it last September.

The mention of Steptoe & Son, upthread, has reminded me of another: the beginning of the Steptoe & Son theme morphing into 'New York, New York'.

Comment

Morphing earworms

It's a beautiful day
                Don't let it get away
                It's a beautiful day
                Don't let it get away
                Touch me...How can it be
                Believe me
                The sun always shines on tv

Comment

Morphing earworms

Wow! Spooky that this thread should get exhumed today, as only this morning I was afflicted by an inner mashup of 'Another Reason' by Five Or Six and 'Sign Your Name' by Terence Trent D'Arby.

I know that the former has been famously sampled already, but at least this 'morphing earworm' is relatively easy on the mind.
                  Last edited by evilC; 20-09-2017, 16:28.

Comment

Morphing earworms

Me again.

The Horrors - 'Sea Within A Sea':

"See the scraping sky
                    See my destination
                    Because my love for you
                    Would break my heart in two
                    If you should fall
                    Into my arms
                    Tremble like a flowwwaaaarrgghh!"

Comment

Morphing earworms

"Galveston, oh Galveston,
                      I still hear your sea winds blowing.
                      How can the light that burned so brightly
                      Suddenly burn so pale?

Galveston"

Comment

Morphing earworms

Zola Jesus - 'Night':

"I’m on my bed
                        My bed of stones
                        But in the end of the night we’ll rest our bones
                        So don’t you worry..."

--->

"...about a thing
                        'Cause every little thing
                        Is gonna be alright"

Bob Marley - 'Three Little Birds'

Comment

"Oh, not this again."

"Yes, this again!"

I'm off to see The Horrors on Friday, at Rough Trade East, so I've been doing a little swotting up ...and there's a couple of their tracks that I can't help blurring into other songs.

The more obvious one is 'I Can See Through You', which somehow transmogrifies into 'Never Can Say Goodbye' by Gloria Gaynor.

A whole lot more obscure (unless you were a 50p crate digger in the last days of Progressive House and Trance) is that their current single 'Machine' in my head get's slowed down and morphed into 'Weatherman' by (Mouthmusic) Ambisonic. It's a stretch, I know, but it was bothering me for a while until I remembered the latter track. I think it's just a snippet of mutual tune in the chorus sections.

Anyway... any more similarities been haunting you recently?

Comment

Hadn't noticed this thread before.

I keep meaning to let Keaveney know this one for his 8am earworm slot, not that he'd play it - he concentrates on Radio2 staple ballads for the earworms most days. I regularly have the chorus to Marc Almond's 'The Boy Who Came Back' in my head.

But when it gets to the 'boy' bit in the main line, "And there's time for this boy to turn back", I hear ITV racing commentator Mark Johnson typically over-announciating when Ziga Boy leads over the last in January 2016's 'renewal' (as those racing boys call it) of the Great Yorkshire Chase at Doncaster.

And there's time for this Ziga Boy to turn back.

Comment

Not a song as such, but there is currently a sound generated on Office 365 that has me singing 'Show of Strength' by the Bunnymen as soon as I hear it.

Comment

There was a bloke I worked with a few years ago who used to hum "Jerusalem " at the start and finish with the rugby anthem "world in union? " all day ,every day. The fact he was retiring shortly afterwards was the only thing that stopped work related homicide taking place

Comment

If it was the Fall version, I’d mibees forgive him.

Comment

I had Streets of London morphed with Ain't Nobody (Chaka Khan) today.

Comment

Working...
                                    X