Dirty Sexy Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Sexy Money

Did anyone bother with this over the weekend? If so , any thoughts?

I have it recorded but may have already lost interest in watching it after a severe backlog on my Sky+.

Easter Weekend seems a very strange place to launch a new show which doesn't bode well either.

Dirty Sexy Money

This has been on since the Fall here, I've had no desire to watch it. That aside, I'm glad Peter Krause is in something again after Six Feet Under. He was great in the criminally underappreciated Sports Night--everyone tongued Aaron Sorkin for the West Wing, but I thought Sports Night was more enjoyable.

Comment

Dirty Sexy Money

I'll be watching episode 1 tonight for the TV column (there isn't much on this week to review).

The reviews haven't been great so I'm not expecting much from it. I believe Donald Sutherland plays the patriarch figure.

Comment

Dirty Sexy Money

I watched this last week because I fancy Nate off Six Feet Under. But he has dodgy hair in this. There's possibly a "plot" but it seems to be too ridiculous to take seriously on any level. There's a big family that have one stereotypical characteristic each and that's it and then they spend a lot of time making sure you know that this one's the druggie playboy and this one is the dirty priest and what have you.

Re Nate though, Inca, did you ever see The Lost Room? He's really much better in that.

Comment

Dirty Sexy Money

Hmmn, I've watched the first two episodes of this and been pretty underwhelmed.

I actually like the premise of the show - Peter Krause sorts out a chaotic rich family's problems - but the execution is hackneyed and poor old Nate Fisher is constricted by stupid plotlines and a clunky script. It ends up feeling a bit like sweary version of The OC (like when Hollyoaks do a late night episode where the characters are allowed to say "shit"). In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Channel Four ended up showing an edited version of it on Sunday afternoons.

I really like Nate Fisher, but I don't know if it's enough to keep me watching.

Comment

Dirty Sexy Money

I've watched the first season and my reaction is that this is typical free-to-air television. They're in such a hurry to keep up with the ad breaks that they never have time to develop any sub-plots and even the main story properly. Some good moments but overall not worth the time given that you are probably accustomed to HBO (and Showtime) quality US series.

Comment

Working...
            X