Great confectionery items from international footballers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great confectionery items from international footballers

Today I received a box of luxury Scottish sea salt and caramel fudge from former Celtic, Manchester United and Scotland star Brian McClair, as he wished me a "happy saturnalia". Has anyone else received a box of confectionery from a former international striker and four times Premier League winner?

Aye, Scott Brown wings me a fudge flavoured haggis every month.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
      Today I received a box of luxury Scottish sea salt and caramel fudge from former Celtic, Manchester United and Scotland star Brian McClair, as he wished me a "happy saturnalia". Has anyone else received a box of confectionery from a former international striker and four times Premier League winner?
      it's good that you don't go in for Humblebrags anyway. He's a man of good taste..... in his choice of gift, if not its intended recipient....
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 18-12-2018, 22:16.

Comment

BTW the 10 year old me is fucking insanely jealous.

Comment

Ian Rush often sends me a box of Edinburgh Rock which is weird because:

a) he's Welsh, not Scottish (LOL!) and
          b) it's bloody awful.

Still, one doesn't wish to be churlish.

Comment

Chris Sutton's chocolate buttons for me.

Comment

Robert Lewandowski brings me candy floss fairly regularly which would be fine but he insists on draping it over the bushes in the garden and swearing blind that it grew there. The twat.
              Last edited by Benjm; 18-12-2018, 22:55. Reason: repetition

Comment

The best I can offer is a Christmas card from a B international - Andy Mutch was my next door neighbour for a few years when I was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                  He still goes by the nickname “Choccy” then?

Comment

Marc Overmars

Comment

Can't go with any footballers, international or otherwise, but a former Miss Ireland once gave me a toffee.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                        Marc Overmars
                        David Boost

Comment

I once had a Celebrations and a mulled cider while stood next to Howard Webb (no it wasn't immediately prior to the 2010 World Cup Final)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                            David Boost
                            Richard Snickers

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                              Can't go with any footballers, international or otherwise, but a former Miss Ireland once gave me a toffee.
                              Is that a euphemism?

Comment

Dwight Yorkie.

Comment

Keith Curle-Wurle

Comment

Some of these are made up.

Comment

'Saturnalia'. I always thought Brian McClair had a bit of the pagan about him.

Comment

Alexander Frei's Turkish Delight

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                          Is that a euphemism?
                                          I wish, she's a customer where I work and she was eating toffees so being polite she offered me one, I don't like toffees but one of my life rules is when a former Miss Ireland asks "would you like a toffee " say "yes please "

Comment

Doyen of football writers Malcolm Brodie bought me and Nigeria internationalist Efe Sodje a pint at Macclesfield Town.

Tourist Information at Glasgow Airport asked if I was former England striker Malcolm McDonald.

Ex-Man City starlet Ryan McGivern queued in front of me at Glentoran Airport.

Robert 'Bumface' Fleck sat opposite me on a Norwich- London train

John Terry (wearing purple flares) failed to be recognised by me at Billericay Town's bar.

A prominent World leader waved his flywhisk at me during a crunch Police v Army cup-tie

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                              Tourist Information at Glasgow Airport asked if I was former England striker Malcolm McDonald.
                                              Were you urinating against their counter at the time?

Comment

No, that was the Albino McGivern one

Comment

Uwe Fuchs's Glacier Mints.

I once sold a bar of chocolate to former St. Pauli not-all-that-hard man Torsten Fröhling. And I sold Manfred Kaltz a sausage, but that's not confectionery.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X