No announcement yet.

Fuck Off Mourinho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fantastic trolling by Sky Sports News. So far in the last half hour we've had the opinion of Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Craig Bellamy, Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
      You think they'd give us a proper laugh and announce Stevie G as caretaker boss.
      Christmas is coming...

Comment

Call me a mentalist here, but if you need a caretaker manager, surely Mark Hughes would be good shout? He's as Man Utd as they come, generally knows what he's doing tactically and returns the club back to its roots, as opposed to this Zidane nonsense.

The sad thing is, Man Utd are so far removed from the pre-Premiership, Hughes-era, I doubt many of their fans remember him, let alone know how good a player he was and how much silverware they have due to his heroics on the pitch.

Comment

I hope we don't see Mourinho again, ever, anywhere.

Comment

You know, so what if he was sacked by Southampton, he did this:

https://talksport.com/football/13119...nal-rotterdam/

Best struck open goal ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
              I doubt even Setubal would want him.

Comment

I can't imagine any English club taking him on. Those that would match his ambitions wouldn't be interested and those who might wouldn't interest him. But I suspect he will get a good gig somewhere like Russia or Qatar. And he will be in the Portugal job, which he has said he wants to do, sooner or later.

Comment

So, a straight swap with StevieG would do the trick.

Comment

Also, I think Barney Ronay might have got something (else) right.

Above all in the dog days of the José era this has felt like a club without direction, but also without love, without warmth, without someone in there taking absolute care over the details of what actually happens on the pitch. Mourinho may have gone. But it will take a great deal more hand-wringing, a great deal more leverage to shift the people who put him in place, and who remain at the rusting wheel of this grand old sporting supertanker.
                    Last edited by Gerontophile; 18-12-2018, 20:40.

Comment

Can't see any of the BRCs taking him, but what about Wolves? Ambition, money, Mendes connections. They might see him as a statement appointment and be able to tolerate his histrionics for a couple of years if he could attract the odd name player, win a cup and generally take them to the next level. Although I'm not sure what Wolverhampton is like in terms of the range of luxury hotels.

Comment

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1075105606254522370

WAHEY!

Comment

Damn, Dog, I thought that meant he was swapping with Benitez.

Comment

This has to happen.

Comment

About the only thing of interest I gleaned from watching Sky Sports News this morning is that Graeme Souness is a Bournemouth season ticket holder.
                              Obvious jokes aside, he's never struck me as much of a football fan.

Comment

He realises that 'Arry is in Australia...

Comment

If Ed Woodward appoints steve bruce, he'll get fucking skinned alive. I hope to god it's Solksjaer.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                    But I suspect he will get a good gig somewhere like Russia or Qatar.
                                    China. It's gonna be China. Mark my words.

Comment

A couple of years ago maybe, but hasn't the Chinese government massively scaled back the spending recently?

Comment

I wouldn't rule out real madrid. Perez likes him for some inexplicable reason, and Solari is just keeping the seat warm.

Comment

Yes on China and correct about Perez.

Madrid is rather more likely than Paris.

Miguel Delaney is suggesting that nearly the entire punditocracy is lobbying for Bruce. I would imagine that most of that is due to old boys networking, but would hope that at least a few just want to see the world burn.

If the Saudi thing happens, does Woodward walk away with enough so that he doesn’t need to work again?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                            I hope we see him again, he's been great entertainment whilst buggering up Man United.

Comment

If you're looking for a former player managing abroad, how about Steve Coppell for a short term appointment (heh), currently managing ATK in the Indian Super League?

Or Gabriel Heinze, in charge of Velez Sarsfield in the Argentine Primera Division?

Comment

Solskjaer all but confirmed. Can we play him up front instead of Lukaku?

Comment

The romantic in me loves this. The realist wonders what the fuck he's ever done that qualifies him to manage Manchester United.

Comment

He’s the direct opposite of the guy you just sacked, which seems to me just what is needed at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X