Music equipment advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music equipment advice please?

My Bose iPod dock speaker seems to have a dodgy connector. I haven’t got much time to be faffing about but don’t want to just pay £180 or so for a new one without looking at alternatives.

Does this look workable? Please?

£59.00 for a replacement connector.

http://www.invebo.com/store/BlueToot...ade_Parts.html

Or other inexpensive solutions so that I can play music from my IPod at decent volume and quality?

Answers like “invest in a proper turntable and speakers” aren’t really helpful, that’s for the longer term, and I have NAD separates in a box but nowhere to put them at the moment.

Thanks.

I guess it depends what you mean by 'decent quality' - there's a lot of 'portable bluetooth speakers' out there for around 30 quid, I've used a few of them and they fill my room.

Comment

Anything I can just plug my iPod into? I have got the dock to play now by removing the plastic tray around the connector. Sounds a bit muddy to me. May just buy another one for convenience, it seems wasteful though.

Comment

We have two of these

Comment

Does the docking station have a 'Audio in/Aux'' connection in the back for a regular 3.5mm headphone jack? If so a jack-to-jack lead between the station and the headphone jack in the iPod should work as a substitute if it starts playing up again. They can be purchased off eBay for next to nothing.

Comment

Thanks, will look at that if it does continue having problems. It is around 12 years old so maybe at the end of its life, but trying to avoid junking stuff that works. Will sort out a proper music system before too long, it’s frustrating not being able to play my vinyl. I had a better set-up when I was 16.

Comment

Working...
            X