No announcement yet.

Overrated film performances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put me in the Heath-Ledger-was-overrated-as-the-Joker camp too. One performance in that film made me think "fuck me, that pretty boy can act", but it was Aaron Eckhart's rather than Heath Ledger's.

Ben Kingsley's turn in Sexy Beast is risible shite - and what really annoys me is that Amanda Redman's genuinely brilliant performance in that flick gets overlooked as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
      I was underwhelmed by Hopkins in "Silence Of The Lambs" The best portrayals of psychosis on film are James Cagney in "White Heat" and Richard Widmark in "Kiss Of Death". Both genuinely disturbing.
      Richard Attenborough in 10 Rillington Place is a contender for best portrayal of psychosis on film.

Comment

That’s a fuckin brilliant film. My favourite John Hurt appearance as well I think.

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
          Richard Attenborough in 10 Rillington Place is a contender for best portrayal of psychosis on film.
          Can't disagree.

Comment

Not only Hopkins but the whole of "silence " is over the top shite, "don't let Hannibal Lecter get in your head " and all he can think of is call her trailer trash.
            I went to see this "scariest movie ever " , one friend said good luck sleeping after it,ffs I've seen scarier episodes of Starsky and Hutch (rant over, but I've been wanting to get that off my chest for 25 years)

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
              I've seen scarier episodes of Starsky and Hutch
              I don't know, some of Paul Michael Glaser's cardigans were fucking terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                I really struggle with Toby Jones. He seems to overact in pretty much everything I've seen him in.
                He's short and quirky looking, so people mistake him for a genius. Michael J Pollard used to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                  I really struggle with Toby Jones. He seems to overact in pretty much everything I've seen him in.
                  He's great in "The Detectorists".

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                    He's short and quirky looking, so people mistake him for a genius. Michael J Pollard used to be the same.
                    Oh man, there was an acid casualty if ever there was one. Mind you the first time I saw Bonnie and Clyde I thought he was the best thing in it. The following three times... not so much. "Dirt inna fuel line. Jest bloed it away."

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                      Ben Kingsley's turn in Sexy Beast is risible shite - and what really annoys me is that Amanda Redman's genuinely brilliant performance in that flick gets overlooked as a result.
                      I'd agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X