X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artists you like that hardly anyone else on OTF does

Primal Scream

(There, I've said it.)

I like Screamadelica. He’s the worst live performer I’ve ever seen but. At least monkey man Ian Brown has some indefinable charisma, Bobby g is a streak of piss in leather trews.

Comment

Acts that everyone knows of but very few people like?

That's a tricky one. Ver Scream could be a hard answer to beat.

If we can stretch it to genre, I'm fond of '80s/'90s Italo and Euro disco, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

The Wurzels.

Comment

The Wurzels are an odd one. Nobody dislikes them but very few apart from you appreciate what a seminal musical force they were before the high cyanide content of their favoured cloudy ciders dimmed their flame.

Comment

Terrorvision and the Levellers are the best candidates I have.

Comment

Bauhaus.

Also I guess I'm probably the only person on the board to have the first Paris Hilton album, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan of her as an artist (it's got a handful of good tracks though).

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                Also I guess I'm probably the only person on the board to have the first Paris Hilton album
                I remember Stars are Blind being alright. Was it definitely her singing though?

Comment

Bauhaus.
                  Before I stopped liking most things, I liked Bauhaus.

Comment

Stars are Blind is not one of the tracks I meant, it's terrible. The singing is pretty mediocre throughout the album so I assume it's her alright helped by technology and loud backing vocals.

Comment

Anthrax.

Comment

Bauhaus.
                        I'd expect there to be a bit of support for Bauhaus. Not from me, but their reputation has waxed over the years.

Peter Murphy is in the news for seemingly having managed to be thrown out of his own concert in Sweden. I closest I've seen to that before was a lad from my school who got thrown out of Fellows Park while he was selling programmes.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                          Before I stopped liking most things crimping my hair, I liked Bauhaus.
                          Fixed that for you, Dark Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                            Fixed that for you, Dark Lord.
                            No, never did that, although I did dye my hair black once. The problem was that I'm a pasty-faced ginger twat (much more ginger then than now), so instead of looking like Andrew Eldritch or whoever it was I wanted to look like, I looked like a pasty-faced ginger twat who'd dyed his hair black.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                              Terrorvision and the Levellers are the best candidates I have.
                              I could never understand why The Levellers were hated by so many. The music press played a part, I guess.

Comment

Not their no. 1 fan, but I did willingly accompany Mrs D to a Stereophonics concert. It wasn't the worst gig I've ever been to (I've seen Primal Scream three times), and they have 5 or 6 songs which I will happily sing/hum along to.

Comment

Middle class crusties, tie dye, dirt and dreads I guess. (The Levellers)

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                    ...so instead of looking like Andrew Eldritch or whoever it was I wanted to look like, I looked like a pasty-faced ginger twat who'd dyed his hair black.
                                    You looked like Bono?

Comment

He’s ginger? Oh Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                        He’s ginger? Oh Christ.
                                        Actually I don't think he is. It's more that he's been dyeing what's left of his mop for so long that no none really knows what lies beneath any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John View Post
                                          I could never understand why The Levellers were hated by so many. The music press played a part, I guess.
                                          Because they nicked one song from New Model Army and curled out a whole career by flogging it to death? Patchoulioil glugging single trick ponies.
                                          Last edited by hobbes; 15-12-2018, 00:26.

Comment

Oh and I love Bauhaus, fussbudget. And Love & Rockets.

My nomination would be Lloyd Cole, both sin and con Commotions.

Comment

Bauhaus.
                                              I like Bauhaus, at least their “hits.”

I have no opinion of Primal Scream. I’ve barely heard them at all.

Comment

Can’t see Shanice getting much love round here. I love your smile is a stone classic but.

Comment

You're all playing in the shallow end.

I like some Dire Straits and some Eagles stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X