Lamb of God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb of God

On Amazonn Prime, I was recommended a documentary about them called "As the Palaces Burn". I watched it last night and it's probably one of the best documentary movies I've seen, it's "Hoop Dreams" class.

Starts off tracking the band as a self-confessed 2nd division metal band who are popular in developing countries. You see their normal family lives and the typical love/hate relationship of a band that's been together for decades. The documentary then follows a day in the life of a Colombian taxi driver who is a fan and then an Indian girl who also fronts her own netal band.

Up to this point it's a decent documentary. Then the band travel to Prague and police meet them off the plane to arrest the singer for Manslaughter of a fan at a gig 2 years earlier. The fan supposedly after the singer, Randy Blythe, pushed him off the stage.

I remember the incident being in the news at the time, but I won't add spoilers about the outcome. But where the documentary comes into it's own is tge development of Randy Blythe from an egotistical, alcoholic lead singer into a sober, honourable and immensely likeable person.

The documentary us a few years old, so apologies if it's already been discussed. But just had to share my thoughts on it as it's so good.

It's not in my Prime area, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
    X