Musical Facts You Only Just Realized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musical Facts You Only Just Realized

Paul McCartney's sheepdog Martha appears in the Strawberry Fields Forever video. McCartney is so stoned that he tries to do a kick but stumbles. From 4:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtUH...1iBF8&index=29

Scott Joplin was black.

All I knew about him was The Entertainer (The Sting), and since both Marvin Hamlisch and Redford/Newman were white, they were all conflated in my head.

Thanks to Peter Doggett's book Electric Shock for this, and much more.

Comment

Pete Shelley composed the theme for Channel 4's Tour De France coverage.

Comment

I've said this before on here so can't claim to have only just realised it, but approx. 28 years after first hearing it, and hearing it many times since, I discovered to my surprise that the co-singer (more than a backing singer in this case) on Slow Train to Dawn by The The is Neneh Cherry.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
          Pete Shelley composed the theme for Channel 4's Tour De France coverage.
          Based on a remixed version of Give It To Me from the Never Again EP.

Comment

Old phones used to ring in 5/4 time. The UK dial tone remains in 5/4.

Lovely little fact, that.

(Didn't just realise that, but too good not to share.)

Comment

The Beatles' first national tour in early 1963 (headed by Helen Shapiro) was compered by Irish comedian Dave Allen and included Kenny Lynch (then known for writing and singing ballads). Lynch in 2010 wrote a song with BNP supporter Buster Mottram.

Comment

Working...
              X