Larkspur In Aspect - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larkspur In Aspect - Weekend Matchgoing

Staying local, so it's Cricklewood Wanderers v Larkspur Rovers.

It was nearly QPR v Middlesbrough but West Ham slashed the cost of membership so I’m going there with a mightily relieved Palace fan.

Comment

QPR v Middlesbrough is on 15 December, so you'll still be able to go along to this enticing fixture.

Anyroad, Boro v Blackburn.

Comment

Oops.

Comment

Cheltenham v Grimsby

Comment

Wycombe v Barnsley

New ground.

Comment

Be warned. It's in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Wimbledon v Rochdale.

Comment

Bracknell Town vs Marlow

2nd versus 1st in the Bostik South Central.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                    Cheltenham v Grimsby
                    I'm looking forward to it, both teams seem to have found a bit of form and there's always a bit of needle - though with Harry Pell no longer around that may have subsided.

I have a lot of time for Grimsby for the magnanimous attitude of a number of fans after our playoff win in 2006, buying a round for me and my friends in the Cardiff Yates's after the game. It made up for me being threatened whilst walking back to my car after they'd beaten us 1-0 a month or so beforehand.

Comment

About an hour ago Mrs Thistle told me I need a break from looking after her so I'm going to Barry v Penybont in the Welsh Cup tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        About an hour ago Mrs Thistle told me I need a break from looking after her so I'm going to Barry v Penybont in the Welsh Cup tonight.
                        She's very diplomatic

Comment

Heeeeeeyyy, hang on a minute...

Comment

Boulevard Blazers vs North Village Rams on Sunday, ninth vs eighth (out of ten).

Comment

As always, Bermuda Iron wins hands down in the exotic and interesting stakes.

I, on the other hand, am going to Burton to see Shrewsbury and some interesting pubs.

Comment

I very much approve of the (probably unintentional) King Crimson reference.

Comment

Planning on two Cymru Alliance v Welsh Premier ties in the Welsh Cup - Guilsfield v Connah's Quay in the afternoon then Flint v Bala in the evening. Whether the weather agrees with this plan is to be seen.

Comment

After a lot of umming and ahhing and indecisioning over the options, Matlock Town v Workington in the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

Comment

Barry Town 4 v 1 Penybont AET

I didn't know that Penybont are a chimera club formed when Bryntirion Athletic and Bridgend Town merged about 5 years ago, until I read tonight's programme.

They were alright. Well organised, attack minded, started well. Gifted an absolute wheeze of an equaliser almost straight after Barry scored; a goal so easy you'd almost suspect Asian betting syndicate interference. Except it was Luke Cooper and he does have occasional brainfarts. He later got a yellow for dissent.

Weather was squally. The team talks before extra time were all the players huddled in their respective dug outs to get out of pinging hail. It looked hilarious. Barry got 2 quick goals as extra time started and then had to play out the rest of the time in what then felt like an extended training session. They got a fourth with a cracking goal in the 119th minute.

Onwards to round 4!

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                        After a lot of umming and ahhing and indecisioning over the options, Matlock Town v Workington in the Northern Premier League Premier Division.
                                        GO ON THE REDS.

Comment

I forgot the 'chant' of the evening. Penybont had a very slow moving physio who really dawdled on towards a prone player. The Barry singing section started singing the Chariots of Fire theme at her.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                            I very much approve of the (probably unintentional) King Crimson reference.
                                            Au contraire, it was very intentional.

Comment

Then I very much approve of the intentional reference, and offer my humble apology.

Comment

Cardiff 1 v 0 Southampton

Fans of shithouse football would have loved this game as both teams seemed to be practising for their Diploma in the Dark Arts.

I got asked along on a season ticket and didn't know whether to say yes until Mrs Thistle gave me the nod. Got soaked walking round there. Pretty awful game with Cardiff especially in need of finishing school. An odd winner that I thought wasn't going to be given because the ref had blown for a foul in the build up. Except he hadn't so the goal stood. One moment of skill from Harry Arter near the end.

Southampton looked like a team in desperate need of a formation and a game plan. I'm not surprised they're in the relegation places.

Almost got home without being rained on any more. Was one street away when it started.

Comment

Matlock Town 2-1 Workington

At quarter to two I found myself in Chesterfield bus station with no sign of my bus and I decided that I'd go to Matlock or Alfreton, whichever turned up first. It was the former, had I gone to Alfreton I'd have seen a 1-7! This game was affected by the rain, it made good play difficult and evened things up a bit. There was an exchange of goals in the first half and the ref got rather fussy after that, he made a theatrical pitch inspection at half time when the surface was still perfectly playable. Though it might have been a bit hairy had the rain not stopped. There was also a good confrontation early in the second period.

Recent OIHSP contributor Craig Westcarr came on as a sub and swung the game. He got in behind the defence and shaped to shoot, took a massive air kick and a defender put it behind. From the corner Matlock turned it in for what turned out to be the winner. He also had a chance to seal the game from a cross and somehow put an unchallenged shot wide.

In other news, have Wednesday still not sacked the fucking useless tosspot?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X