No announcement yet.

The most famous song you've never heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a related point about whether Lennon was or was not working class - were any of The Beatles genuine football fans?

I've read that none of them were, which, if true, must have been a bit unusual in Liverpool at that time.

Comment

The last few posts read like a review of "Keeping Up Appearances."

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John View Post
        On a related point about whether Lennon was or was not working class - were any of The Beatles genuine football fans?

I've read that none of them were, which, if true, must have been a bit unusual in Liverpool at that time.
        Ringo was almost definitely Brechin City.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
          The last few posts read like a review of "Keeping Up Appearances"
          Hyacinth Bucket (or Patricia Routledge, at least) has admitted to supporting Tranmere Rovers.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
            The last few posts read like a review of "Keeping Up Appearances."
            Such are the joys of grappling with the British class system. Keeping Up Appearances was a success because people recognised a truth in it. It's rather like Icelandic transport planning having to take account of the existence of trolls; we may think it's bollocks but a significant proportion of the population believe in it and act accordingly. My David Dundas comment was more glib than I intended so probably wasn't very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
              Such are the joys of grappling with the British class system.
              Honesty, I keep waiting for someone to tell Bored of Education he's a cunt and then flounce. It's bonkers.

Comment

WOMISA... nah, it's Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                X