No announcement yet.

Players at your club that you hated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say I liked Southport signing Clayton McDonald, particularly as it was around the time of Ched Evans' release from prison. Definitely not sorry to see him released a couple of months later.

Comment

I'd have thought Liverpool would be Tommy Smith given his comments in "Out Of His Skin" by Dave Hill (but with some empathy about the physical pain he suffers).

Comment

Oh yeah, total cunt, but before my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
          Ron Futcher
          I’ve fond memories of Futcher, who joined Port Vale in 1988 aged 32, though his capacity to unnecessarily get into mither never left him.

In the first leg of the 88/89 play-off final he set up Vale’s equaliser, but with the game entering stoppage time Ron elected to plant his head in an opponent’s face. The ref missed it.

He was a rascal, but for a short time at least he was our rascal.

Comment

Whilst at Barnsley, Ron Futcher scored a first half hat trick away at Charlton.

By the final whistle he had been sent off, smashed up the away dressing room and we were beaten 5-3.

Comment

I loved Ron Futcher at Bradford City , who have just signed Karl Henry who retweets Julia Hartley Brewer.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                Ben Thatcher.
                Ditto.

Comment

John Terry was the final straw that broke the back of an already strained relationship with “my” club.

Comment

Rob Earnshaw, although could easily of been any of them during that season.

Came in as record signing, looked like he couldn't be arsed at all, criticised fans and then got dropped.

However the one that got me was in the home match against Arsenal when we hadn't already been mathematically relegated, we pulled it back to 2-1 or 3-2 with about 20 to go Earnie scoring his only goal for the club. Now I would expect a player to grab the ball out of the net and get it back to the centre spot for a restart, not Earnie he started doing this stupid little dance to celebrate. Fortunately teh dance was on his own and when Adebayor scored his next he mimicked the dance which was rather quite funny.

We lost 6-2.

Roy Carroll a close second for a rather dubious penalty conceded against Norwich.

Comment

Dennis Wise. Strolled around thinking he was still a bigshot when he was spent (while being paid megabucks) before breaking Callum Davidson's jaw on a pre-season tour following a poker game. With enough time elapsing between the game and the assault for Davidson to have gone to bed. Leicester, in big financial trouble, promptly sacked Wise, precipitating an application from his agent Eric Hall for the club to be liquidated; the club then entered administration.

The title-winning team will always be slightly compromised by the presence of Danny Simpson - wonderfully reliable on the pitch, pretty nasty off it.

Comment

I’ve fond memories of Futcher, who joined Port Vale in 1988 aged 32, though his capacity to unnecessarily get into mither never left him.
                        I loved Ron Futcher at Bradford City
                        Yeah, if he'd come to Tulsa from Barnsley, Port Vale, or Bradford I'd likely have warmer feelings for big bad Ron.

Speaking of Bradford, another dirty player signed to Tulsa was David Bradford who was a little shit who got away w/ some vicious play w/ Detroit and did not change his game a bit when w/ the Roughnecks.

Comment

Ron Futcher got himself sent off at the first match I ever attended at WHL - a 2-1 victory over Luton Town in April 1975.

Comment

The "Style of play" bit of Ron Futcher's Wikipedia entry consists of one sentence: "Futcher was a cool finisher."

Comment

He was playing at Burnley around the time of the first Gulf War and acquired the nickname “The Scud Missile”.

Old, slow and inaccurate.

Comment

There's nothing like a Futcher to get the crowd energised. I've shouted abuse at Ron, Paul and Ben over the years. Dirty bastards (actually Ben was just rather odd looking, but he did score against us and he was the Grimsby Futcher's son, playing for Lincoln).

Comment

Working...
                                X