Christmas gift tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas gift tips

For the gentlemen of OTF who have significant others, might I suggest...

I think La Signora wants to renew our marriage vows she's so happy. It's from L'Occitane BTW

I just got P a big shiny diamond eternity ring for her 40th birthday. She's getting feck all for Christmas.
    Good tip though.

Comment

Christmas gift tip? Fuck-all. I haven't bought a Christmas present for about 40 years.

When I was twelve, my father (rightly) said, "You're twelve. You're too old for Christmas presents." And that was that. He was bloody right and all.

Comment

Layer by tiny layer we got closer to the core of treibeis and what made him so.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

I think La Signora wants to renew our marriage vows she's so happy. It's from L'Occitane BTW
          AHEM!

Comment

Although, I might just send him the gif of this, and keep him quiet for an hour or so.

Comment

Well yeah. Also doesn't he like to smell nice?

Comment

I'm not sure he cares. He has no sense of smell.

Do L'Occitane do men's stuff?

*Yes, they do.

Comment

Yes. I'm currently using their shaving foam.

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

I've got her tix to see Gaga in Vegas. So it's going to cost me a chunk more besides. Should've found something similar in Buffalo...

Comment

Is a nespresso machine (and maybe a few wee bits of jewellery) acceptable as a present, or is the coffee machine just a step from buying an iron for Christmas?

Comment

I’m out of my element here. Somehow most of my puff I’ve managed to be single at Christmas.
                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-12-2018, 00:16.

Comment

Being non-single for an extended period doesn't make it any easier. I still have no idea what to buy.

Comment

Molton Brown is the failsafe supplier of nice smelling things in our house.

Comment

Mrs Thistle would hate that and think I've lost my fucking mind.

I've bought her a Lego advent calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                  I've got her tix to see Gaga in Vegas. So it's going to cost me a chunk more besides. Should've found something similar in Buffalo...
                                  Well, that would be a fair whack for starters.

Comment

This thread reads a bit like the Telegraph gift guide. Even renegade Marxist Fifers are out buying Nespresso machines now. I guess I'd better start saving up for that stylish sophisticated timepiece to impress the modern man in my life.

I'm utterly baffled by how Molton Brown get away with charging so much for run-of-the-mill toiletries in posh packaging, but I know a few women completely obsessed with that brand so I guess they know their market. If somebody got me a new shower gel as a gift I'd take it as a thinly-veiled barb at my personal hygiene though.

Comment

Heheh Herself is mad into coffee but. And I’m as puzzled as a newborn child, I’m as riddled as the tides.

Yours, a renegade Marxist Fifer.
                                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-12-2018, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Mrs Thistle would hate that and think I've lost my fucking mind.

I've bought her a Lego advent calendar.
                                        How does that work? A different coloured brick every day, and then a grey base plate on the 24th?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                          Heheh Herself is mad into coffee but.
                                          How long have you been seeing her? You don't think you are overdoing it? or have you both declared undying?

And apologies for being a wet blanket. Been there, bought a too expensive present too early and chased him away.

Comment

Are Nespresso capsules biodegradable or recyclable? I know George (and now Lang!) are involved, so surely it’s not all landfill..is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                              How long have you been seeing her? You don't think you are overdoing it? or have you both declared undying?

And apologies for being a wet blanket. Been there, bought a too expensive present too early and chased him away.
                                              Will be six months if we last till Christmas. The mini nespresso kit is a hunner quid, and she’s only a wee kitchen anyways. Words we may in time come to regret have been exchanged.

Think she’s gonna get me a pair of trainers.
                                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-12-2018, 00:40.

Comment

LS, if that's any help him indoors is also a coffee bore and swears by a combination of AeroPress + basic coffee grinder + the best beans one can afford. You can get the lot for a lot less than a Nespresso machine, easy to use and it would take less space as well (the grinder is noisy though).

Comment

Hopefully not Toby coloured.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X