No announcement yet.

Who posted the most in 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the top 5 are going to be through the 10 a day level.

Comment

I am very happy with my result. I am 16, English, pretty, and have just received nine A's in my exams.

What newspaper am I?

Comment

Ok, the Lyars Bugle doesn't count. (Sorry, just boosting my posting numbers for next year.)

Comment

1 (1) ursus arctos 6,659

To Mme Ursa and Ursus Minor- as per the gag, we know you actually write a good share of the above. But still, it's time to spend more time with the big Orange thing in the Sky. Talking of which, Arlene Foster on the TV last night gave a come hither look when asked would she jump into bed with Jeremy Corbyn after all...

2 (3) Tubby Isaacs 4,067

Another valiant effort by the Cymric Cotswold Centrist. More cricket nostalgia may be needed to reach the top spot?

3 (5) Lang Spoon 3,960

He's rife, fae Fife, embroiled in Brexit strife!

4 (2) Kevin S 3,958

An agonising 2 posts short for the Chirping Canary

5 (11) ad hoc 3,429

My second-favorite Transylvanian drummer (or would be, if Tommy Ramone had ever posted on OTF)

Now enough of this nonsense, have a lovely Xmas

Comment

Thank you Duncan.

Comment

(18.2 posts per day? Fucking hell urs. Just as well we love you (all).)

Comment

A lot of posters upping their game this year.

I've fallen out of the top 50 (just...) with a count that would have got me in the top 20 in 2017. Maybe I should have started the axolotl chat sooner.

Comment

Last year's chart was purely July- December, ie after the relaunch

Comment

Aaaahhhh... I see...

(I think my posts per day have still gone up, like)

Comment

Christ, moving up to #11 from #26.

That TOTP appearance last year clearly helped.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                        I always suspected that hobbes and I were one and the same person.

And now I know.
                        The Strange Case Of Dr Treibeis And Mr Hobbes?

I am honoured to find myself between Amor de Cosmos and Hot Pepsi on the list and equally flattered to share the company of the other 97 posters in the hit parade.

Comment

Thanks, DG! x

Comment

Using my thousandth post (in seven years) to say thank you to all the frequent posters who make the forum a friendly, interesting place. i'm one of those who takes from it (from you) far more than i give, so i do want to recognise the people who put the thought and effort in, even when your bosses might not be as appreciative.

hoping my dozen posts did not put me in the top five among women contributors. fearing they might have.

Comment

We have five [active] women contributors? Where's my pen and paper...

Comment

87th in just 5 months of posting.

Will need to up my game for 2019.

Comment

Great work DG! And thanks ursus for all your posts!

Comment

Thanks all for good wishes

Here's a summary

Total registrations 1,726

At least one post ever (ie since 2008) 1,664

At least 100 overall ditto 464

At least 100 this year 140
                                    Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 28-11-2018, 16:43.

Comment

Do you have comparable figures for, say, 10 years ago? I'm guessing there used to be several times as much posting before all the flounces and defections to other social media.

Comment

Made the top 50. Wow!

Comment

2005 (87 posters managed at least 500 posts)

2006 (98 and 700 respectively)

2007 (Jul- Dec only)(100 and 325)

As an illustration, the thread that started in June for the Champions League Extra Prelims in San Marino is still going. 10 or 12 years ago there'd have been a new one for every BRC game
                                          Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 28-11-2018, 16:14.

Comment

The previous version of the board lasted a bit less of six years (end of May 2002 to end of March 2008).

In those six years, there were a total of 1,093,299 posts, or about 15,845 per month.

This version has now passed its tenth anniversary (in March of this year), and we are currently at 1,488,191 posts, or about 11,625 posts per month.

That said, I would guess that the pace of posting has increased noticeably since the "Snake Reboot", with the period prior to that reboot marking a historical trough since 2002. DG would be able to calculate the per month rate since that reboot, which would help corroborate my hypothesis.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              That said, I would guess that the pace of posting has increased noticeably since the "Snake Reboot", with the period prior to that reboot marking a historical trough since 2002
                                              Agreed. Many posters left saying they couldn't read the site on phones and small screens

DG would be able to calculate the per month rate since that reboot, which would help corroborate my hypothesis
                                              Snake and his programmer colleagues probably could, but all I've done is take a snapshot comparing individuals' running totals in December (slightly early this time)

Comment

Ah, I thought that you had total post counts from Reboot to December 17 and from then to now.

Comment

Another illustrative debate affected by poster turnover. Imagine the feistiness around Managers Mick and Marty's multinational misfits if, say, Garse/ Ken Early, Borracho and Calvert were still here to wind up each other and drive AP, Berba and Spoony to apoplexy...

Comment

Great work DG, #27 is great for me. I've even got a football shirt with Antepli Ejderha 27 on it.

I would have been higher but little Miss AE arrived in July severely curtailing my posting but she's wonderful so I've got no complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X