Who posted the most in 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    It is also blindingly obvious that Sporting has never seen me bat.
    Where did you leave it last?

Comment

Arf

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
        I’m the Postess with the Mostest, not to be too binary about it.
        In a world of zeros, you're number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
          One does not rename oneself.
          Well, you did. And so did I.

Comment

I abbreviated due to a technical glitch. Not due to hubris or ego.

Comment

I changed mine because Ray mistranslated my Francophone moniker during the Euros and I thought it had a better ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                I've never made the DG top 100 in 15 years and I love that.
                Top prediction by our resident gemstone?

Comment

Despite posting on this forum, off and on, for 19 years, and never changing my username after the first week, I don't think I've ever featured on one of these 'top 100 posters' lists. Which surprises me. At times, I've spent huge amounts of time on OTF. The first year I was in China and didn't know many people. The years when I worked as a consultant and didn't have enough to keep my brain going, so spent so much time on OTF that I nearly got put through disciplinary procedures. The years when I was breastfeeding and mostly trapped in a rocking chair with only my phone and OTF for company. This year when I've posted so much that my husband has developed a knee-jerk reaction whenever he sees me looking at my phone.

So, I don't really get how hundreds of people post more than me! How do you get the time?!? Have I made it this year with all the posts on the strange nights thread? If I'm not in the top 100 this year, it's clearly never going to happen.

Comment

There's a thread Balders.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                      So, I don't really get how hundreds of people post more than me! How do you get the time?!?
                      What the actual fuck? You are quite literally the busiest woman on the planet; you run 15 different charities, raise 11 kids, cook, clean, one assumes talk to your spouse, maybe sleep, and you want to break into the Top 10 posters now? You're going to have to give up a kid or quit a charity.

Comment

Balders, I would suggest that the reason for that is that what Dunc and others count (and have counted) are posts, rather than words.

Many of my posts are extremely short; most of yours are as long as are they are thoughtful.

A word count would be a much better measure of actual time spent, but the software doesn't do that.

Comment

In a world of zeros, you're number 1.
                          I'm still big.

By the way, I've been looking at content analysis software (because I really need to spend more time learning something that pays me nothing, on a whim). It looks really interesting.

This looks particularly cool. https://ravens-eye.net

Comment

What the actual fuck? You are quite literally the busiest woman on the planet; you run 15 different charities, raise 11 kids, cook, clean, one assumes talk to your spouse, maybe sleep, and you want to break into the Top 10 posters now? You're going to have to give up a kid or quit a charity.
                            Haha, I guess I am relatively busy. But there are people who have actual full-time jobs, posters with more children than me, posters with twins even!

How do I see how many posts I've made this year? I can see that I've made 1,396 posts in total, but not since 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              Balders, I would suggest that the reason for that is that what Dunc and others count (and have counted) are posts, rather than words.

Many of my posts are extremely short; most of yours are as long as are they are thoughtful.

A word count would be a much better measure of actual time spent, but the software doesn't do that.
                              This

Comment

Maybe I should start doing a new post for each sentence I write. That would do it. Seems a bit pointless though.

Comment

Maybe

Comment

you

Comment

should!

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post

I'm still big.

By the way, I've been looking at content analysis software (because I really need to spend more time learning something that pays me nothing, on a whim). It looks really interesting.

This looks particularly cool. https://ravens-eye.net
                                        Quite.

It was the internet that got small.

Comment

I obviously post a lot more during world cups

Comment

I'm irrationally bothered by failing to appear on the 2019 list, given the amount of time I spend on the site. Edit: I was on DG's list for 2018 as it extended further down the rankings and I was no.69.
                                            Last edited by Evariste Euler Gauss; 04-01-2020, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                              I'm irrationally bothered by failing to appear on the 2019 list
                                              Is there a 2019 list?

Comment

Top 40 only. On the Status Quo Aunty Beryl thread.

Comment

I'll admit the thread title is particularly obtuse even by OTF standards.

Comment

Don't you mean abstruse?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X