Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

County Cricket, 2019

Has the world gone mad?

Yorkshire playing in York, Notts a full county match at Welbeck, Hants playing in the IoW!

outgrounds R us!

Hard to believe that York hasn't staged a first class fixture since 1890.

Comment

I was going to say that I don't remember York being part of the circuit before (nearly) everything fucked off to Leeds.

Comment

This calendar was quite helpful. I thought that, if anything, hosting a World Cup (from 30 May to 14 July) has actually improved the flow of the domestic season. Though I'd have been tempted to move the Championship's 13th game even later so that the final four matches are all closer together. (The Blast has a weird schedule too, mind you.)

Last edited by Kevin S; 27-11-2018, 11:45.

Comment

Essex to reclaim the crown, with Cook breaking 1500.

Comment

Essex go yellow with their new T20 Blast kit. I like this.

Comment

I'm quite excited by all this. I booked the 11th off work yesterday so I can go and watch Surrey's first game.

Comment

Surrey going well against the MCC in Dubai, 389-4 after MCC made 265 in their first innings, Pope (183) and 18-year-old first class debutant Jamie Smith (123) still both not out..

Comment

Very tempting to down tools and leg it out of the office at this point. Cook is playing against Cambridge MCCU a couple of miles away...

(Nick Browne is out already!)

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                    Surrey going well against the MCC in Dubai, 389-4 after MCC made 265 in their first innings, Pope (183) and 18-year-old first class debutant Jamie Smith (123) still both not out..
                    Pope made 251. Great stuff. 23x4 and 6x6. Surrey 520ao. MCC going well in their second innings.

Comment

Fenners in March just feels wrong

Matthew Engel looks older than 67 in his rather unflattering profile photo:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-century-essex

Comment

It's cold, grey, early April and the pitches are puddings.

Let's get this thing started.

Comment

Cricket! I don't even have a Wisden yet.

Comment

Who are Somerset going to finish second to this year?

Comment

Surrey probably, Essex hopefully.

James Vince making a positive start for Hants - there's someone with his eye on one of those England opening places in The Ashes.

Comment

Luis Reece of Derbyshire was out to the first ball of the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                  Who are Somerset going to finish second to this year?
                                  Not Warwickshire.

Comment

I’m going to The Oval next week for either day 1 or 2 of the Surrey v Essex match. Which will be nice for a Middx fan. Didn’t catch any action at all last season. Will keep an eye on the weather before deciding which, but at the mo the forecast is chilly & cloudy but dry both days.

Comment

Either all the MCCU matches should be first-class or none of them should be (my preference). No reason why Haseeb Hameed's 218 this week shouldn't count towards his average when Ben Duckett's 216 last week counted for his.

Comment

Much excitement all around the country on the last day of the opening fixtures of the County Championship.

Comment

A bit of a queue to get into the oval this morning. I may not be wearing enough layers.

Comment

If you can carry an unbroken partnership over between matches, Ballance and Root are currently on 366

Comment

Lot of runs around today and a fair few tons.

Comment

Billy "Joe's brother" Root with an impressive 126 on debut for Glamorgan.

Comment

Two other Glamorgan players with tons. Some going.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X