Slade (question for Duncan Gardner?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slade (question for Duncan Gardner?)

So, DG or anyone else, is the current Hill/Powell version of Slade reputed to cut the mustard as a live proposition?

Ticketmaster are doing a half price deal on their Christmas tour and I have to admit I'm quite tempted, what with Mud II being thrown in to sweeten the deal.

In the absence of any feedback about the current state of Slade, I have decided to go and see Helen Love the following evening for my Christmas cheer instead.

HL's Christmas single count is significantly higher than Slade's, without any of them providing the degree of later life financial security that Noddy managed, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
      In the absence of any feedback about the current state of Slade
      Ow yer doin, yer orl right? This one's a leeper

Hill and Powell are 72. They can still perform but time takes a toll (I think Dave had a heart by-pass in 2016 or 2017 and his son who manages them advised a scaling back).

I cut the John Fogerty/ Steve Miliband thing at the O2 for the same reason, though telling friends untruthfully I was busy. Sound clips the next day confirmed JF's voice is shot on the more raucous songs.

There is currently a life size lego statue of Sir Nodwald outside Birmingham Station. We truly are at the end of days...

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
        There is currently a life size lego statue of Sir Nodwald outside Birmingham Station. We truly are at the end of days...
        Let me tell you, there's no way I'll be taking a detour out of the station specially to see that when I'm passing through next Wednesday. No way at all.

Comment

We want photos of you not seeing that...

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
            HL's Christmas single count is significantly higher than Slade's, without any of them providing the degree of later life financial security that Noddy managed, obviously.
            I don't think that that status is limited solely to their festive output, either.

Comment

Working...
            X