• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
    That's the Welsh speling, 3CR
    Purely coincidental, trust me.

Comment

When I was a teenager there used to be a wall at the disused Hodbarrow ironworks near Millom that said both LIDDLE TOWERS WAS INNOCENT and SLAUGHTER AND THE DOGS.

More recently I was surprised to see CHUTNEY FUCK YEAH sprayed on a wall in South Island, New Zealand.

Comment

For many years I visited Telford regularly on business, catching the train from London Euston via Wolverhampton. I was always bemused by the white painted graffiti that appeared on the side of one of the bridges spanning the adjacent canal (near Dudley if memory serves) that read TOJO THE DWARF. I have no idea if it is still there.

Comment

For many uears a bus shelter on the suburban Plymstock road where my mate lived was sprayed with the slogan '---- is a wank'. Who the mysterious person with their name covered over was we may never know but obviously wasn't a full-on wanker.

Mind you a forgotten corner of the PE block at our school had 'Ware wanks' written on it in homage to the more ferocious of the PE teachers. It could have been him.

Comment

As you walk down the Taff embankment opposite the Brains Brewery you can see someone has written YOUR MUM on the brewery wall next to the river. It's all going to be knocked down and turned into flats for hipster millennials (because we don't game enough of those fucking developments yet in Cardiff) next year. I'm going to miss YOUR MUM.

Comment

Going back to the original post, there used to be "Rosetta Stone" painted on one of the bridges over the M1.

Comment

Next to the Irwell in Ordsall, near the old Ordsall Fishing Club bench, someone has written MY SISTER'S MINT TITS on the floor, and it's the second best thing to see in Salford on TripAdvisor* after an escape room, which are always the top attraction for any city.

*It isn't. But it should be.

Comment

Maybe it's the name of a group, I don't know, but the lavatories of one of my semi-locals has "Pimmel in den Fernseher - jetzt!" ("Stick your willy into your TV set - now!")

Comment

There is a graffito in Havana saying something like Batista is a Bastard that the authorities have assiduously repainted every year since the Revolution so that no one forgets.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                      Next to the Irwell in Ordsall, near the old Ordsall Fishing Club bench, someone has written MY SISTER'S MINT TITS on the floor, and it's the second best thing to see in Salford on TripAdvisor* after an escape room, which are always the top attraction for any city.

*It isn't. But it should be.
                      That reads like an anagram.

'Tiny Tim's mistress' is the best I can do, I'm afraid.

Comment

Not Miss Vicki!

Comment

Could be - he certainly had a fair few...

Comment

Tiny Tim's mistress. Fabulous!

Comment

Originally posted by JVL View Post
                              Hat das Mädchen 15 Jahr
                              hat ihr Mäuslein volles Haar
                              sind die Titten prall und dick
                              ist es Zeit zum ersten...
                              That "poem" reminds me of a company Christmas party years ago.

It took place in the "Literaturhaus". Management decided that every department should put on a short "performance" in keeping with the nature of the venue.

So you had people quoting Schopenhauer and reciting Schiller and re-enacting scenes from Faust and what have you.

The Copywriting department consisted of two people - my deskmate and me. It was obvious I would not be attending, as I never attended company functions. My deskmate originally said he wasn't going to go, either, but ended up changing his mind.

So when it was Copywriting's turn to show how fucking well-read they were, my deskmate - so I heard anyway - stood up and said, "Copywriting forgot to prepare anything proper, so here's a poem I made up on the way here. It's called "Die Frau von Lech Walesa heißt Danute".

"Danute, Perle von Danzig,
                              Ihr seid wohlgelitten.
                              Mit Eurem süßen Arsch
                              Und Euren geilen Titten."

Then he said thank you and sat back down. About three people clapped.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                The Copywriting department consisted of two people - my deskmate and me. It was obvious I would not be attending, as I never attended company functions.
                                Yup, this. They announced our company 'do' last week and everyone looked at me and said "Assume you won't be going?" Assumed right. Or, I'll go for long enough to appease management and then slowly walk backward out a side door, tipping my drink into a potted plant as I go. I've actually been to this venue and I know the escape route.

Comment

Sticking to the Concise Teutonic Smut theme, an ode to the secretary of Lufthansa's goods inwards warehouse at Frankfurt/M airport in 1981:

Frau Engelhardt
                                  Macht meinen Stengel hart.

Half a clerihew.

Comment

The Germans are great at graffiti.

Comment

Had been meaning to expand on ‘ya bass’ as a disappearing element of painted slogans.
                                      Used to be any street gang worth its DMs n skinners would have it as the suffix to their public declarations.

Last one I remember seeing was “AV TOI ya bass” in the delightful low-rise flats Abbey View scheme above my parents’ house in Dunfermline, circa mid 90s, but I’d love to think there’s still a “Tongs ya bass” out there somewhere, not least to make it possible for me to continue saying it when I see Ms Felicity straightening her hair.

Comment

Yes, FIGS, whatever the f*ck Tongs were, there used to be a fuckton of them in Weegieville.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                          Yup, this. They announced our company 'do' last week and everyone looked at me and said "Assume you won't be going?" Assumed right. Or, I'll go for long enough to appease management and then slowly walk backward out a side door, tipping my drink into a potted plant as I go. I've actually been to this venue and I know the escape route.
                                          Talk of firm's Christmas parties makes me shudder.

Comment

The car park on the opposite side of the A6 from the Merseyway shopping centre in Stockport used to have “Phil Collins is a dictator” and then under, by a different hand it seemed “then shoot him” graffitied on the walls of the staircase.

It might still do, but it’s 20 plus years since I’ve been.

Comment

Working...
                                            X