Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wembley now the worst pitch in the Premier League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Wembley now the worst pitch in the Premier League?

I know why - helmeted blokes roaring about and that - but it's sad that Spurs and Chelsea are playing on a threadbare patch that looks a bit like it used to in the 1970s when they'd hosted the Horse of the Year show on it a few days before the league cup final.

Well, Son might have just scored goal of the season on it.

Comment

chelsea are lucky that Spurs are having such a shocking match in front of goal.

This could easily be seven or eight. Jorginho is a right dirty bastard isn't he?

Comment

The three that we 'did' get were pretty special, but, yeah, we should've absolutely stuffed them.

Comment

Toying with the idea of going on Wednesday night when I'm down in that London. Never been to Wembley and it's kind of a rite of passage for Scots my age.

Comment

Rob. You're the only Scottish bloke I know who hasn't been to Wembley.

Comment

I know, I demand my piece of turf and half a crossbar.

Comment

Not sure how chelsea didn't get two first half penalties mind. They were really obvious. That Juan Foyth is a bit of a menace so far.

Comment

This Fulham southampton game is a right belter isn't it?

Comment

Jordan Henderson's haircut got him sent off there didn't it? Joyrider Chic isn't going to help the referee remember that you occasionally captain england and have nearly 50 caps.

Comment

Liverpool are a better side without Henderson. There, I've said it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        Not sure how chelsea didn't get two first half penalties mind. They were really obvious. That Juan Foyth is a bit of a menace so far.
                        I'll concede that the first probably should've been given, but Hazard went down like a wet lettuce in the second incident. One of the few moments of good officiating in the game, although he should've been booked for simulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          Liverpool are a better side without Henderson. There, I've said it.
                          I think even Klopp finally seems to have got the message considering the lack of excuses for his red card.

Comment

Have Liverpool ever fielded a team with no British players in it? Could that happen soon?

How many other British clubs have done so?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              Have Liverpool ever fielded a team with no British players in it? Could that happen soon?

It first happened when Arsenal played Crystal Palace way back on 14th February 2005.

Full matchday squad:
                              1 Jens Lehmann (GERMANY)
                              22 Gael Clichy (FRANCE)
                              18 Pascal Cygan (FRANCE)
                              12 Bisan Lauren Etame Mayer (CAMEROON)
                              28 Abib Kolo Toure (COTE D'IVOIRE)
                              17 Eduardo Cesar Daud Gaspar Edu (BRAZIL)
                              7 Robert Pires (FRANCE)
                              4 Patrick Vieira (FRANCE)
                              10 Dennis Bergkamp (NETHERLANDS)
                              14 Thierry Henry (FRANCE)
                              9 Jose Antonio Reyes (SPAIN)
                              substitutes:
                              24 Manuel Almunia (SPAIN)
                              20 Philippe Senderos (SWITZERLAND)
                              15 Francesc Fabregas Soler (SPAIN)
                              16 Mathieu Flamini (FRANCE)
                              11 Robin Van Persie (NETHERLANDS)

Comment

Chelsea started a game against Southampton on Boxing day 1999 without any British players. They did however have two English players coming on as substitutes.

Comment

Not the way Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    I'll concede that the first probably should've been given, but Hazard went down like a wet lettuce in the second incident. One of the few moments of good officiating in the game, although he should've been booked for simulation.
                                    The problem with these incidents is that it's sometimes hard to figure out what was going on, but Sissoko clearly kneed him in the thigh. The thing is it's the same sort of incident as the first one, in that it's just two players getting clumsy and over excited they got away with it against chelsea, but they might not get away with something like that vs Inter during the week. I bet that those two incidents are pretty much going to be the main things worrying Pochettino after the match.

Comment

Liverpool must have managed it under Benitez at some point. In a lot of games it was just Gerrard and Carragher.

Comment

Is this the TV thread? Alan Hutton has just scored a lovely left footed goal at the end of a storming run from his own half to put Villa 4-2 up in what has so far been a brilliant Second City Derby.
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-11-2018, 13:39.

Comment

I don't think it is, but I did see Hutton's goal. It was pretty good - and he covered even more turf than Son did for his.

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                          The problem with these incidents is that it's sometimes hard to figure out what was going on, but Sissoko clearly kneed him in the thigh. The thing is it's the same sort of incident as the first one, in that it's just two players getting clumsy and over excited they got away with it against chelsea, but they might not get away with something like that vs Inter during the week. I bet that those two incidents are pretty much going to be the main things worrying Pochettino after the match.
                                          Can't really agree re the second incident, but yes, I think Poch might well see Foyth as too great a risk on Wednesday night.

Comment

Lerma’s finish earlier was spectacular, shame it was in to his own net but I think he’s sealed the Own Goal of the Season award.

Comment

Seeing Adama Troare in a Wolves shirt and what appear to be newly massively pumped up arms brings back pleasant memories of another Footballer Who’s Built More Like A Rugby Player George Elokobi :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-11-2018, 17:43.

Comment

In answer to Rogin's thread title question. Yep.

Comment

So, MOTD2, then. Paul Ince isn't the most coherent pundit. Seems to really struggle getting a point across.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X