• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No light, no warmth, November- weekend matchgoing

Wales v Denmark Friday night
    Barry Town v TNS Saturday
    Mrs Thistle's birthday day out Monday

No plans for Sunday yet

Also Wales v Denmark on Friday night - in the company of Uros Predic, Mirko Bolesan and Pretend Best Friend from OTF past and present amongst others.

Saturday afternoon is Molesey v FC Romania in the Isthmian South Central with former OTFer Purves Grundy and hopefully a few local mates. It will be my first Moles game of the season and the timing is hopefully good as they’ve managed their first league wins of the season on the last two Saturdays after having club stalwart Craig (son of Ray) Lewington return to the club as player-manager following a brief sojourn down the road on the books of Walton & Hersham.

Might make it to the ATP Tennis final at the O2 with my wife on Sunday evening but it depends on how the rest of the day’s commitments go.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-11-2018, 22:14.

Comment

Mrs Thistle has found something she'd like us to do Sunday. A packed weekend awaits.

Comment

I'm expecting to be on the receiving end of Swindon's new manager bounce. Still, the forecast looks decent and it's a few years since I went to the County Ground, so providing the motorways aren't a complete nightmare it won't be the worst way to spend a Saturday.

Comment

Do you have to negotiate the Magic Roundabout?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            Also Wales v Denmark on Friday night - in the company of Uros Predic, Mirko Bolesan and Pretend Best Friend from OTF past and present amongst others.

Saturday afternoon is Molesey v FC Romania in the Isthmian South Central with former OTFer Purves Grundy and hopefully a few local mates. It will be my first Moles game of the season and the timing is hopefully good as they’ve managed their first league wins of the season on the last two Saturdays after having club stalwart Craig (son of Ray) Lewington return to the club as player-manager following a brief sojourn down the road on the books of Walton & Hersham.

Might make it to the ATP Tennis final at the O2 with my wife on Sunday evening but it depends on how the rest of the day’s commitments go.
            Do you ever just chill out at home? Lounge around on the sofa with a can and a book? Sit outside and enjoy the garden?

Comment

Fuck off, Chigley Town are at home to Trimbridge in the Trumptonshire Senior Cup on monday night, I've not been to Chigley's desultory running track with a couple of dugouts for at least eighteen months

Comment

Mrs HORN’s birthday weekend so my sense of guilt about going to tomorrow’s Newport v Colchester match is killing me.

Comment

Wales v Denmark and Grange Albion v Gawr

Comment

Wembley v Hadley. Hopefully I'll actually make it this week...

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                      Do you ever just chill out at home? Lounge around on the sofa with a can and a book? Sit outside and enjoy the garden?
                      Yeah, not on a Saturday afternoon though. That would be terrible.

Even at my best/worst, I’ll usually only go to three sporting events in a week which leaves plenty of time to do other things/nothing. Actually, I’ve just spent four nights out of five indoors and caught up with loads of TV.

As it stands, we’re probably blowing out the tennis but I think we’re taking the children to see ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ so I’m not sure that’s any more acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                        Do you have to negotiate the Magic Roundabout?
                        Depends where I’m parking - hopefully not as it’s nearly as bad as watching Americans deal with a normal roundabout (or rotary, as they seem to call them).

Comment

It seems to be something on an OTFers-other-halfs birthday bonanza this week- Mrs D will be celebrating an imminent birthday watching the u8s on Saturday morning while I haul myself to an away match with the u10s. Other than kids football it's television football for the next 13 weeks.... not that I'm counting.

Comment

Bermuda vs El Salvador tonight. Rain expected...

Comment

Preston Athletic v Craigroyston in the East of Scotland league

Which follows the Preston Athletic 2011s game in the morning

Comment

Unfortunately, missing tonight's match against Demark (although I am a bit of a Jonah as far as qualifiers are concerned). Bath City/Eastbourne Borough tomorrow and really looking forward to it actually. No idea what the match will be like really. We are both on inconsistent form and it's a funny, very open league at the moment. We are 8th and 5 points off the leaders and Eastbourne Borough are 14th and 2 points behind us. There's only 10 points between top and 16th. Anyway, football at Twerton Park on a Saturday afternoon so what's not to like? I am also DJing at our pre/post-match pub in the evening but should probably eat in between.

Comment

Perth Glory Women v Western Sydney Wanderers Women in the W-League later this evening. Glory's first home match of the season having drawn their first 2 games on the road. As a Glory member I get 50% off the ticket price for the W-League, so looking forward to seeing superstar Sam Kerr in action tonight.

Comment

Another poptastic day in the Eastern Counties league as Godmanchester Rovers entertain the home club of Ed Sheeran. Last year we had Cogglesshall in the league who are bankrolled by Ollie Murs. I believe Mr Murs is one of those clean-cut pop singers? Well his team were a bunch of foul-mouthed cloggers.
                                    I'm looking forward to the day when Whitton Albion announce Extreme Noise Terror as their new sponsors.

Comment

Slovakia 4 Ukraine 1

Ukraine already had this group sewn up following two wins over the Czechs and one - in a desperately poor game in Lvov - over the Slovaks. They left one or two of their better players at home ahead of last night's game in Trnava, and those that did travel didn't quite look with it. Slovakia dominated pretty much throughout. New coach Pavel Hapal seemed to have given them a sense of liberation. He was Slovakia Under 21 coach till this March, and there were plenty of his former charges in last night's XI.

Konoplyanka did score the night's best goal for Ukraine, a long-range stunner that briefly put them back in it at 2-1, otherwise they only looked threatening when they were already 4-1 down.

Slovakia will now battle it out in Prague to see whether they or the Czechs 'escape relegation'.

Comment

Pleasingly early kick off at Wembley. Wish they'd do it when I had a reason to rush back into the bar...

Comment

It's much colder than I was expecting.

Comment

Wembley take the lead from a corner.

Comment

Pently to Hadley.

Comment

Scored. Fuck.

Comment

I'm getting angry. Possibly time to leave...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X