Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Can you get former grounds on this app e.g. Shrewsbury's Gay Meadow?

I was prompted by your post to have a look at this app. I think I may be tempted to go Premium.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s a former grounds function. Surely they must be considering that for a future update.

If not, when Brentford move to Lionel Road in 2020, that’ll presumably mean my entire Griffin Park history will be wiped.
    Last edited by cantagalo; 16-11-2018, 03:17.

Comment

I'm not sure how that will work.

I've gone premium and it's handy for going back and finding games I've been to. But the list doesn't go back forever.

I can't find an option for former grounds and it feels like there should be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        I'm not sure how that will work.

I've gone premium and it's handy for going back and finding games I've been to. But the list doesn't go back forever.

I can't find an option for former grounds and it feels like there should be one.
        Just select "all grounds" and search for the name and it'll come up with "(demolished)" next to it. You can then add match visits as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
          Just select "all grounds" and search for the name and it'll come up with "(demolished)" next to it. You can then add match visits as normal.
          Right, that’s it. Definitely got my £4.49 subscription now!

Comment

BLT, you hero

Comment

So I leant next that you have to wait until the following day to 'add match from list'.

I'm going to wait until Christmas to go back through my archive and add on all my games dating back to 1992.

Comment

I’m really enjoying adding in matches that I’d almost forgotten. I’m sure I’ll be unable to complete it accurately as I stopped buying programmes about 20 years ago.

I’ve noticed some discrepancies. Not all FA Cup games have been included. Today I had to manually add Brentford’s humiliating 3-0 defeat at Telford in 2003. I knew I’d been there but needed Google to find out when.

Comment

I manually added in the Wales C international I went to in March. I've noticed that some cup games are missing.

Comment

Is this like Tinder for nerds and anoraks? Patrick Thistle matched with Groundhopper69 after swiping right on Gay Meadow.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                      Is this like Tinder for nerds and anoraks? Patrick Thistle matched with Groundhopper69 after swiping right on Gay Meadow.
                      yes it's exactly that.

Comment

I'll get on it. There are some kinks the missus won't accept.

Comment

So I leant next that you have to wait until the following day to 'add match from list'.

I'm going to wait until Christmas to go back through my archive and add on all my games dating back to 1992.
                          The second line of this post maybe one of the saddest things I've ever read.

Comment

Even among the nerds and anoraks who use this app there are differing level of degradation we find acceptable.

I inputted all the grounds I've ever been to at the point I got it and have added all matches and grounds since. However, I draw the line at adding every single game I've ever attended! I don't know how I'd recall them all anyway, I kept no record until 2012.

I also had to gerrymander things and not put in the Cardiff City matches I attended at most of the grounds or I'll end up with a Tan United badge showing on my profile. I don't want to look like a mug.

Comment

There’s no way of adding grounds without adding a fixture though, am I right? So for all the grounds I visited prior to 2017, I have to either add a random fixture, or I need to pay a subscription to access the actual games I went to.

Comment

You can manually input any game for a ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                  The second line of this post maybe one of the saddest things I've ever read.
                                  Well, I'm going to have some free time over Christmas. And the archive is a grandiose way of saying my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    I inputted all the grounds I've ever been to at the point I got it and have added all matches and grounds since. However, I draw the line at adding every single game I've ever attended! I don't know how I'd recall them all anyway, I kept no record until 2012.
                                    That wouldn't be all the games I've ever attended. I only started listing them in 1992.

Comment

That's still pretty mental. Or at least, and I really can't emphasise this enough, a little bit more mental than me.

Comment

Haha. I'll own that description in terms of football. But you go to speedway more often than a grown up should so let's split the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Even among the nerds and anoraks who use this app there are differing level of degradation we find acceptable.
                                          Heh, I was annoyed the other week when I was deposed from the top spot at Parkgate's ground, seemingly by virtue of some other bloke entering Rotherham United reserve games played there. I draw the line at entering club reserve / development / youth games, though will add age-group internationals.

Comment

I should probably point out I meant 'saddest' as in mournful/sorrowful, rather than geeky/nerdy. I mean it's a Groundhopper app, the latter is presumed.

Incidentally, if you watch a lot of women's football prepare to be very frustrated by it.

Comment

I had noticed that women's games weren't included. Bit disappointing.

Comment

You can manually input any game for a ground.
                                                That feels like too much effort. I think I’d rather pay a subscription and choose them off a list.

When you manually add a game, does the app add it to the list available to everyone else? I’ve manually typed a couple of step 5 games that weren’t listed but wondered if the app picked up gaps and absorbed them into their database.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                                  Incidentally, if you watch a lot of women's football prepare to be very frustrated by it.
                                                  Sexist pig.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X