Woodface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodface

No particular reason to post this except this is a lovely album, a distillation of all that's best about Crowded House. Or perhaps illustrating that their true peak came only when the Finn brothers were both in the band and co-wrote (the rest of CH's work is all good but maybe not this good, and was with Neil only). Four Seasons In One Day, Weather With You, Fall At Your Feet, It's Only Natural all on one album. But the one most in my head after a listen today is this:

She Goes On

A great album that Sits, it's been ages since I've listened to it so I'll have to dig it out.

Comment

Italian Plastic, it's fantastic

Comment

I find that every studio album sounds thin in comparison to their live recordings, especially the "farewell" concert 1996.

Comment

I like Woodface too, but I thought Together Alone was better.

Comment

Fans may like to know there's a 1993 BBC radio documentary about Crowded House, seemingly narrated by Neil Finn, that's been uploaded to the interweb here.

Comment

A friend of a friend was known as the Meteorologist. He could always look at a girl and tell weather with you

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                Fans may like to know there's a 1993 BBC radio documentary about Crowded House, seemingly narrated by Neil Finn, that's been uploaded to the interweb here.
                Thanks a lot Furtho.

Comment

Woodface is a brilliant album but I always preferred Together Alone.

Comment

In any event (as G-Man says), if you don't have it, then get Farewell to the World for a fantastic CH live experience and then Seven Worlds Collide for Neil Finn being effortlessly (it seems) amazing.
                    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 18-04-2020, 21:51.

Comment

The Finn Brothers’ album Everyone Is Here is very good too. Or the Funn Brothers, as I call them, loving an open goal as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                        Thanks, I'll have a listen tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X