Prefab Sprout fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prefab Sprout fans

Paddy McAloon's mesmeric solo album being re-released next year, but under the PS umbrella.

I Trawl the Megahertz

Here's the title track on YouTube from the original 20013 release - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSPNboKCzM&

I think Prefab Sprout were mostly magnificent - 'Jordan: The Comeback' is easily in my all-time Top 50. But I couldn't stand 'I Trawl the Megahertz'. I was bursting with anticipation after a masturbatory 5-☆ review in MOJO, then just couldn't get on with it at all. It seemed indulgent and tedious. I'd leave it a few months and then give it another try, always with the same result. I suppose I should give it another spin, if I can find it - it's probably been a good ten years since I last listened to it.

Comment

Very good at their best.

Tame and MOR at their worst.

Comment

I always liked Prefab Sprout. Never heard "...Megahertz." Probably couldn't find it here.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
          I think Prefab Sprout were mostly magnificent - 'Jordan: The Comeback' is easily in my all-time Top 50. But I couldn't stand 'I Trawl the Megahertz'. I was bursting with anticipation after a masturbatory 5-☆ review in MOJO, then just couldn't get on with it at all. It seemed indulgent and tedious. I'd leave it a few months and then give it another try, always with the same result. I suppose I should give it another spin, if I can find it - it's probably been a good ten years since I last listened to it.
          Well, I found it on the bottom shelf of the rack of CDs I No Longer Listen To, dusted it off, and... I really, really liked it. It's not a million miles away from the kind of music I've come around to listening to a lot over the past couple of years, like Arnalds, Frahm and Johannsson. The first two or three tracks were also quite familiar, so I must have given it quite a few tries at the time. I have no idea why I was so resistant to it.

Comment

Working...
          X