Music Videos Featuring "Dangerous" Stunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Videos Featuring "Dangerous" Stunts

Madness videos feature a saxophone played underwater and one played while suspended over a house. Any other examples with health and safety concerns?

It was the electric guitar, not saxaphone in the swimming pool. And, if I remember correctly, the DJ on Top Of The Pops who pointed out that this was a bad idea was Jimmy Savile, a man not averse to bad ideas himself...

Comment

Victims by Culture Club was supposedly filmed using a crane but I can't see any evidence of this.

Comment

Surely no one would advise playing an electric guitar while floating on a lilo.

See the floppy fringed shoegazers Chapterhouse show you how it's done. I particularly like the pretence that all the gear appears to be plugged in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecm0BVOt62A

Comment

I think Simon Le Bon (tied to a big wheel) suffered somewhat during the making of the Wild Boys video.

Comment

I wouldn't have fancied being him out on the front of that sailboat either. Even with a safety net quite evident below him.

Comment

Faith No More’s classic “Midlife Crisis “ has a bloke strung up between horses. Apparently one was close to spooking during filming.

Comment

Madness also dropped a Bedford van out the back of Hercules transport plane at the end of " wings of a dove " health and safety was definitely not a strong point of their video directors.

Comment

Last month Canadian rapper Jon James died while filming as stunt of himself rapping on the wing of an airborne Cessna. Apparently the pilot lost control of the plane when Jon James moved on the wing. The rapper was thrown off before he could activate the parachute. The plane landed safely.

Comment

The video for 'Warning' by Green Day shows a guy deliberately ignoring warnings and running with scissors, licking raw chicken etc

Comment

I don't know, what scamps they are, eh?

The The's promo for their stonking version of Hank Williams's I Saw the Light (1994) had Matt Johnson climbing to the pinnacle of the Chrysler Building - which I'm assuming involved an amount of clever editing and associated trickery. Fair gave me the willies, mind.

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      It was the electric guitar, not saxaphone in the swimming pool. And, if I remember correctly, the DJ on Top Of The Pops who pointed out that this was a bad idea was Jimmy Savile, a man not averse to bad ideas himself...
                      The use of said video on a certain panel show prompted a gag that I couldn't possibly repeat now...

Comment

He also pointed out how dangerous it was for Sid Vicious to ride a motorbike without a crash helmet.

But no comment on stabbing your girlfriend to death and o'ding on heroin.

Comment

It was the continuity announcer who said "Jimmy Savile would like to point out it is dangerous to play an electric guitar underwater"

The saxophonist also plays his instrument underwater.

Comment

Another electric guitar/water interface is in a video by Creed. Filmed in a swimming pool. Can't remember the song. Don't like Creed anyway.

Comment

Indeed. Let's hope the guitar was plugged in.

Comment

Adam Ant injured himself a couple of times jumping through glass etc.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/56967...s-and-ailments

The Wild Boys one is in there, and a couple of other funny* ones.

* as no-one was seriously hurt.
                                Last edited by MsD; 18-11-2018, 10:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X