Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyoncé

Why does Beyoncé appear so little on OTF? Lemonade is the standout LP of the decade if you ask me. I think we don't appreciate her enough.

A Beyoncé and a Bach thread started on the same day. Not bad.

Comment

If anyone else wants to nominate the standout album of the decade, they can do it here.

Comment

I find her music, and R&B generally, boring and samey.

I've got friends who've seen her live shows and rave about them but their main focus seems to be the number of costume changes rather than the music.

Comment

Crazy in Love obviously remains a floor-filler, but I think I prefer Destiny's Child's output to Beyonce solo.

But yeah, agree that (what now passes for) R&B is generally very characterless and uninspiring.

Comment

Right, so no one's actually listened to her since about 2003.

Comment

Dancing to "Single ladies" has probably put more Irish women in casualty than car crashes.

I kind of struggle to be interested in a musician when I'm supposed to be primarily interested in the person rather than the music. I know though that this didn't start today or yesterday, and that it's always been a part of popular music. But I find it's massively easier to listen to Frank Sinatra records now that you don't have to live in a world where you had to put up with the "Frank Sinatra" persona. I'm sure that there are loads of good beyonce songs, but until the various articles about the enormous power of the goddess Queen Bey dry up a bit, I'm not sure I can face into looking for them.
              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 04-11-2018, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                If anyone else wants to nominate the standout album of the decade, they can do it here.
                When does your decade start or end?

I'll nominate Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid, in case 2010 qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                  Bastille: Bad Blood

Comment

Beyoncé's decent, but my exposure has been severely limited because it is neither on Spotify nor (when I last tried) YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                      Crazy in Love obviously remains a floor-filler, but I think I prefer Destiny's Child's output to Beyonce solo.

But yeah, agree that (what now passes for) R&B is generally very characterless and uninspiring.
                      Agreed. Beyonce wasn't the best singer in Destiny's Child. Kelly Rowland was. They did a fine cover of Samantha Sang's "Emotions" though.

Comment

Yeah I really liked Kelly Rowland. It’s a pity she disappeared while Beyoncé conquered the world along with her piss poor rhymester hubby. Destiny’s Child were nothin compared to the mighty TLC anyways. Fuck it, Right Here by SWV might be better than any Destiny’s Child song.

Comment

Right Here is fantastic.

I love Beyoncé but am puzzled by the description of Crazy in Love as a floorfiller. I guess I don’t go to those sort of clubs, but you’d have to be super-confident in your booty game, no?

Comment

Drunk also works.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                              Right Here is fantastic.

I love Beyoncé but am puzzled by the description of Crazy in Love as a floorfiller. I guess I don’t go to those sort of clubs, but you’d have to be super-confident in your booty game, no?
                              It does depend on the club I guess, but I wouldn't be arsed with any establishment where that was ever considered compulsory.

No doubt you'll see what I did there.

Comment

Great calls with TLC and SWV. TLC's "red Light Special" could arouse tumescence in a plank.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                  Sounds like me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    Drunk also works.
                                    Sounds like me.

Comment

I’ve a mind to download crazysexycool right now.

Comment

Working...
                                      X