• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobby Gillespie. A hero for our times?

I've only just seen this

Pure genius.

You need to give us a link Guy?

{great to see the old Guy back again btw}

The BBC politics programme is diabolical.

The dancing
    https://twitter.com/UKDemockery/status/1053091402794573825

Gillespie's statement

https://twitter.com/sketchaganda/status/1053364705002172417

Comment

And here's the clip where Andrew Neil Shuts him down

https://twitter.com/bbcthisweek/status/1053067959231365120

Comment

Boaby And The Dancing Fools - A yankee accumulator of arseholery.

Comment

A rock star appears to takes politics more seriously than the politicians. reporters or the BBC reporting team.

Andrew Neil is another piece of shit.

Comment

How this was covered in 'Music'

Comment

Jimmy Page and Bill Wyman are lucky that they've never been collared for their relationships.

Comment

Eh?

Comment

Guessing that should have been in the luckiest man in music thread.

Comment

Just caught up with this - it all feels a bit "my enemy'e enemy is still an arsehole" to me. Though I could get a smile out of Bobby Gillespie's unself-aware horror at people drinking wine (the immediate backtracking on it being champagne is a bit of a giveaway) after work.

That's not to say everyone involved in This Week shouldn't be dropped out of a helicopter Scarface-style.

Comment

The show is shit. Politics as a smug little club presented by an unfunny journalist who does events for Orban at the Spectator.

it should have been put out of its misery 15 years ago It's terrible TV and even worse politics

We live in a country where the rock star is the only one who takes politics seriously

Comment

Gillespie is of course a dreary shitbag but yeah. Andrew Neil is one of the worst people alive.

Comment

Yeah. The best thing to do is not go on his shitshow, rather than enable him by providing a clip he can chortlingly trot out every time there’s a highlights package.

They are going to make “jokes” about this every week for eternity.

Comment

Andrew Neill is a rug-wearing shitehawk who needs the cannon / skip / forks treatment.

Comment

Having just seen the Gillespie interview that prefaced the stony faced look and he is awful, isn't he? I mean, he is not as bad as Neill but, you know, that isn't anything to be proud of.

Comment

I can imagine a producer in Neil's ear, pleading with him to pump some life into the conversation, but perhaps that's part of the problem - everything has to be fully engaging ALL THE TIME, or it's just not worth giving the time of day to.

Comment

Working...
                                X