X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Apparently they are playing at the Millennium Stadium

Are Spain that big a draw, these days?
    Sales are reportedly over 50,000 so apparently so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      Ah, thanks. I had a theory that might be the case.

Messages like "I have cocked up my changed to a Russian name and can't seem to change it back" in the aftermath of the World Cup being one of the bigger clues.

Comment

Oh, hadn't spotted anything like that - just guessing from your posts under the new name.

Comment

Last night was the Westfalen Regional Cup and Gütersloh v Lippstadt 08 in the most stale atmosphere imaginable.

This afternoon had been Ústi nad Labem v Vitkovice in the Czech second division.

Tomorrow is some morning action with Teplice U19 v Slovan Zliberic U19 up in the hills at Bystrica. It is then a fast train to the capital as I’ve managed to get hold of, a Dukla Prague away ticket (my uncle owns the sports shop and he kept it to one side), for the derby game at Viktoria.

Saturday sees a very early move over to Slovakia and Trenčin v Prešov in the U19s with a 1000 kick off, followed by Púchov v Galonla in 3 Liga west in the afternoon. The evening is ice hockey.

Sunday are two trains from football targets with Spartak Trnava reserves v Povaažská being played in the morning at Slovan Cérviněk. Followed by Dubrica v Dukla Banská Bystrica.

Monday is a move back to Czech and Ceske Budovice, for some 749 diesel spins and then Czech v England in the U23s in the evening.

Comment

As ever I am in awe of BB&F!!!'s schedule and just sheer tenacity to watch football.

Comment

Viktoria Plzen? I'm wearing a pair of their socks!

Comment

I’ll be at Old Bradwell United v Bovingdon in the Anagram Records Trophy.

Comment

BB&F's schedule looks pretty punishing. That'll have to be a very early train Saturday morning to be at Trencin in time. The Trencin first-team don't play in the main stadium at present, as it's in the middle of reconstruction and is basically a pile of rubble. Youth games still go on there, though.

I'll have a look from the train window as I pass through on Saturday, as I'm going to the 'Velvet Divorce Derby' in Trnava - Slovakia vs Czech Republic. Slovakia have had the stronger team these last few years and have especially good players down the spine of the team, in Dubravka, Skriniar, Lobotka and Hamsik. They need to find a place for Ondrej Duda, one of the Bundesliga's form players. Slovaks vs Czechs tends to be good-natured off the field, and Trnava's a pleasant city. Hopefully, there'll still be some outdoor terraces open to help the pre-match atmosphere along.

I might go to Rosina vs Makov in the fourth league on Sunday, an easy bike ride from home. BB&F will be experiencing the (relative) big-time in Dubnica.

Comment

I think I've changed my mind for tonight and will go to Aveley v Basildon United in the the Trophy Prelimary Round. Something of a local derby between the top two in the Isthmian North has proved too tempting.

Comment

The day started off with a 1000 kick off in the home of Czech crystal and porcelain. After turning up at the wrong ground I managed to track this down, which whilst appearing idyllic....

...the reverse view adds some context. Teplice v Slovan Liberec in the U23s.

It was then onto Praha and Viktoria Žižkov v Dukla Prague. The game didn’t even attract the expected travelling army of synthetic supporters, though they would have seen their team triumph 1-0.

Comment

A pre 0600 departure gets me across to Slovakia in time for the 1100 start at Trencin v Presov, and a wonderfully located stadium, albeit mid-rebuild.

Comment

Does that Dukla flag on the fence say 'Portsmouth' across the bottom.

HMHB in full effect.

Comment

Grange Albion is off so Barry it is!

Comment

Horsham v Ware in the FA Trophy

Sunny and warm, about 23C. Such a pleasant change from last week's torrential rain being blown into the North stand.

Comment

The brave decision to play at exactly the same time as the national team has its biggest derby, doesn’t seem to have worked for Puchov.

Still, couldn’t have asked for better weather.

Comment

Marine v Whitby Town, still on despite torrential rain. Certainly no sunlight to put off dracula's boys

Comment

Barnsley 3-2 Luton Town

A mostly scrappy game spoilt by the wind.

Luton were decent, but we probably just deserved the win.

Comment

Ooh, whitby have sampdoria like black red and white hoops on a blue shirt

Comment

Originally posted by N est ŕ? View Post
                                        Ooh, whitby have sampdoria like black red and white hoops on a blue shirt
                                        They often do, though it has been horizontal, vertical and diagonal at various points.

Comment

Horsham 3-1 Ware

Lovely weather, a home win, a dodgy penalty for Horsham's second goal and a red card for Ware - second yellow apparently for shouting "For God's sake".

Comment

Barry Town United 1 v 0 Carmarthen Town

Very even game this, decided by a moment of class from Barry full back Chris Hughes. He ran into space to meet a pass from midfield, took the ball to the edge of the area and belted it into the opposite bottom corner of the net.

Doubt there will be many other highlights on Sgorio.

Comment

Bohemian fc 0 Sutton Utd 0, not much of a game, the main fun happened in the penalty shootout. After both sides scored their first two each Oscar Brennan missed our third and Sutton scored 2.3, then Eoin Stokes missed for us and Sutton only had to score their fourth to go through but Shane Supple saved it and then scored our fifth himself to make it 3.3.
                                              Sutton still had a penalty to win 4.3 but Supple saved again to bring it to sudden death. First up was Bohs centre back Rob Cornwall who scored to put the pressure back on Sutton and sure enough their next penalty hit the crossbar to send us through, breathtaking stuff.

Comment

Connahs Quay v Coleraine in the Scottish Challenge Cup live on S4C. Saturday nights were made for this.

Comment

I’ve turned up at wrong times and wrong venues before, but this is the first time for the wrong sport. Turned out MKF Povazska Bystrica are a handball team and not ice hockey. My umpteen attempt at fathoming this sport and I’m still none the wiser.

Comment

I would have thought it's easy to get. One team passes and passes and passes to each other and then someone takes a shot which often goes in, sometimes gets blocked, and sometimes goes wide (though the latter not that often). Then the other team gets to have a go. It's not a sport which fills me with any kind of enthusiasm whatsoever, though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X