No announcement yet.

Current British TV series that are popular abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC America doesn't show many british programs. Dr. Who, of course, bit not much else. PBS shows Midsomer Murders, Downton Abbey, Doc Martin, Morse, Poldark. Many under the Masterpiece banner.

Comment

You Rang, M'Lord is apparently popular in Hungary

Comment

BBC America is showing the X Files. Back to back. All night. Not a bad show but I gave up halfway through the second season as it began losing the plot. Not BBC product though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
          Here in Holland we get BBC First.It relentlessly churns out all the drama productions the Beeb makes. Midsomer, Death in Paradise, Frost, Vera,etc., etbloodyc. are on virtuallynon-stop every day. My girlfriend is addicted to it and will often record aweek’s output and then spend all day Sunday watching Barnaby. When the cablecompany (KPN) gave us this gammon fodder they took away BBC4, which was aboutthe only thing worth tuning in to. Bastids!

We get a while slew of BBC channels on our overprized bouquet. BBC First with its endless repeat, BBC something with its endless repeats of Top Gear and episodes of Pointless from the stone and bronze ages. BBC something else with its endless repeats of people shouting "90 SECONDS LEFT" at other people trying to cook or bake. I think the only fresh material we get is Graham Noirton's show with its endless supply of thigh-slapping celebrities.

Comment

There is two public TV channels in Latvia - LTV1 and LTV7 (don't ask me why they rebranded LTV2 some ten years ago) and they are very, very fond for British TV series:

Midsommer Murders
            Vera
            Hinterlands
            Sherlock
            Grantchester
            Death In Paradise
            Lewis
            Endeavour
            Broadchurch
            some Poirot series

and list could continue if I have better memory.

Comment

When I first came to Germany, RTL used to show Fawlty Towers (I think it was renamed "Hotel Fawlty", which was quite good at that time; the usual style would have produced something like "Hilfe! Mein kleiner spanischer Kellner ist plemplem!").

Unfortunately, it was on on Saturday at 6 pm, which meant nobody watched it because everybody was watching Sportschau.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                Downton Abbey must be all-time No.1 in the US. Year-round repeats on PBS.

Death in Paradise is filmed in Guadeloupe. Very lightweight stuff.
                Except for the victims…

Comment

Working...
                X