Tango Oscar Sierra Sierra Echo Romeo Sierra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tango Oscar Sierra Sierra Echo Romeo Sierra

The live show of Early Doors that Signora Rogin took me to at the Echo Arena last night was absolutely brilliant. All the old characters, some huge laugh out loud lines, a whimsical plot that picks up exactly as if nothing's really changed in The Grapes in 20 years, fantastic scenery and staging (with Mum upstairs on her sofa, wheezing away on her vape, while all the old regulars and Ken are downstairs and the bent coppers popping in 'the back'). I loved it. It was effectively two 45 minute new episodes, with an intermission, which will make it a 90 minute production when they release it on DVD. And when they do,I implore you to buy it.

I had no idea this was on. I loved Early Doors and though it far superior to The Royal Family. There is not a show near us but I will keep an eye out for the DVD.

Comment

Saw it at Birmingham Arena a few weeks ago. Best characters on the night were Phil and Nige and Winnie. The actors who replaced Jean and Tommy were excellent. Crime can't crack itself.

Comment

Working...
      X