Looking for a (plate) smashing tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a (plate) smashing tip

Owing to us cancelling a TUI/Marella cruise we'd booked after they buggered up the itinerary, we've ended up with £500 quid that had been a deposit on that being credited to us to spend on another holiday with them. We want to go to Greece, not having been there in years. Furthermore, as we've never had great experience of budget end all inclusives in the Med, we'd prefer to go b&b with maybe a hotel drinks package but go out to eat at night, on a revised overall budget of around £1k (so we'll only pay TUI another £500). We really want:

- A pleasant place to visit, quiet, not an 18-30 resort
    - with an abundance of local restaurants and tavernas all walkable from each other
    - on the coast but sandy beach not necessary
    - on either Crete, Kos, Rhodes or Kefalonia (these all look to fit our budget from the ones TUI fly to, Corfu does too but we've been there).

Has anyone been somewhere on these islands that fits our bill?
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 06-10-2018, 13:41.

Rhodes all the way. Pefkos/ Pefki a short hop from Lindos and about half way down the island is quiet, has plenty of decent eating options and everything is right on the beach.

Comment

I was going to suggest Lindos, actually. It's a few years since I was there so it may well have changed drastically, but I remember it being a lovely place.

Comment

Working...
      X