Invisible Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisible Tweets

A number of posters have had and in some cases still have real issues "seeing" tweets that have been embedded using the code available in the "Go Advanced" reply box.

It seems most often to be caused by settings in one's browser that restrict the loading of content from other sites, but is very browser dependent.

I'm hoping that this thread will serve as a single place for people to describe their issues, in the hope that they can be resolved.

In the interim, I encourage people embedding tweets to do what I've been doing and to paste the url in below the one that is embedded (it is dead simple if one has already copied the tweet to post between the tags). People who can't see the tweet do appear to be able to see (and open) the link.

Thanks ua. I will try to remember to do this more often. It's obviously a regular issue for some posters

Comment

This is a test.

https://twitter.com/WSC_magazine/status/1047107831894290432

Comment

OK, going to try and look into this. I'll post tweets in here and need feedback.

Comment

Ta, Snake

I can see all of them (on Chrome and Firefox, on laptop, tablet and phone).

Comment

I've never had an issue seeing embedded tweets (apart from when I was in China). This one I can see on both phone and laptop (both using Chrome)

Comment

I often have this issue. Right now I can see Snake's WSC tweet (desktop using Chrome).

Comment

That could well be The Great Firewall.

I've made two changes.

1. A proper "Tweet" icon in the Go Advanced menu to put the tags in
                2. Added the URL to the tweet below the tweet itself. It looks ugly but it will help trace the issue, which is that I think the script isn't working for people on their machine.

Comment

Putting my adblocker on means I can no longer see the tweet contents, but I can see the link. Signing out made no difference.

Comment

I'm convinced the problem is adblocker based. I used Adblocker Plus and this doesn't happen.

Comment

Same here. Adblocker plus.

Comment

Working...
                      X