Latest WSC With Rafa On The Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest WSC With Rafa On The Front

Mine's turned up. Saying "November" on the first of October...

Mine arrived earlier. I intended to write a letter for this one but, as usual, didn't get round to it. But someone has written in with the point I was going to make (teams winning without getting a shot on target) so that's OK.

Comment

Excellent analysis of the Roy Keane case on page 10 IMO. That’s what I’ve always thought, the man is a complete liability in management. I know Sunderland AFC insiders who think he is deranged.

More anecdotally, a few years ago I worked with a teacher who taught maths at the Academy of Light for about 10 years in the 2000s and he said to me (to summarise) that there was something really wrong with Keane, as a person (Mick McCarthy was polite and even friendly at times with them [teaching/academy staff], ditto Steve Bruce and all the other stand-in managers but Keane had very few admirers... Not terribly surprising).

I’m catching up on my WSC reading as I was too busy in September, currently perusing the previous issue (#379) while watching PSG-Lyon, great reading as usual, just a little error to flag up in the article "Chance to shine" on page 9: France-Luxembourg of Sept. 2017 (0-0, WC qualifier), the first time that Luxembourg had held France to a draw since 1914, wasn’t played at the Parc des Princes in Paris but at the Stadium Municipal in Toulouse. There hasn’t been a French competitive game played at the Parc since 2007 (in Paris they’re all held at the Stade de France). The last one at the Parc was an infamous France-Scotland (Sept. 2007, 0-1), with that memorable McFadden goal (the Scots had also won the first leg at Hampden Park, 1-0).

https://[url]https://www.youtube.com...[/url]

Comment

Excellent analysis of the Roy Keane case on page 10 IMO. That’s what I’ve always thought, the man is a complete liability in management. I know Sunderland AFC insiders who think he is deranged.

More anecdotally, a few years ago I worked with a teacher who taught maths at the Academy of Light for about 10 years in the 2000s and he said to me (to summarise) that there was something really wrong with Keane, as a person (Mick McCarthy was polite and even friendly at times with them [teaching/academy staff], ditto Steve Bruce and all the other stand-in managers but Keane had very few admirers... Not terribly surprising).

I’m catching up on my WSC reading as I was too busy in September, currently perusing the previous issue (#379) while watching PSG-Lyon, great reading as usual, just a little error to flag up in the article "Chance to shine" on page 9: France-Luxembourg of Sept. 2017 (0-0, WC qualifier), the first time that Luxembourg had held France to a draw since 1914, wasn’t played at the Parc des Princes in Paris but at the Stadium Municipal in Toulouse. There hasn’t been a France competitive game played at the Parc since 2007 (in Paris they’re all held at the Stade de France). The last one at the Parc was an infamous France-Scotland (Sept. 2007, 0-1), with that memorable McFadden goal (the Scots had also won the first leg at Hampden Park, 1-0).

Comment

The letter about the increase in handshakes is wonderful.

Comment

I thought so too! Fantastic bit of maths in the service of a scathing and not entirely invalid point.

Comment

Working...
            X