• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same

And I no longer am able to rant about it in the AGM

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      Now I've seen that I can't unsee it and now I hate that badge
      Yeh Sam, you've just ruined it for me too now. Like the straight CITY on the new Man City badge I'll never be able to look at it again without seeing the deliberate mistake

Comment

The Senyera section has the same problem too.

Comment

Yes, I think it's because the yellow Catalan stripes in the top-right quarter of the badge are no longer discrete from the yellow border of the shield, so there's now no obvious curve – or, indeed, boundary – to the inner side of the border there. If they curved the St George cross's on the opposite side, and hence the shield border with it, it would unbalance/asymmetrise (I know that's not a word) the overall look I guess.

Comment

New crest for FC Cincinatti

Not the most radical or noteworthy crest design perhaps, but I have noticed that these new US clubs really like to push the significance of every element...

I understand that with the clubs having no history they really need to create some sense of tradition but can it get more spurious than 'Wing: 3 seasons of play before joining MLS'?

Comment

This could go onto Badge Of The Week as it is, no column needed.

Comment

I quite like that as a crest though

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
                  New crest for FC Cincinatti
                  The typeface is rather reminiscent of the Star Trek one.

Comment

Lazy stuff; why isn't there any ridiculous back story for the paws?

"The three phalanges representing Gary Sandy, Howard Hesseman and Loni Anderson..."

Comment

"Seven Hills of Cincinnati"? Why do cities always have seven hills, and not 6 or 8? Does Cincinnati consider itself the New Rome?

Comment

And how does that mane represent seven hills anyway? There are only four spikes, or six if you count the ones on either side. Does that one under the jaw count?

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                          "Seven Hills of Cincinnati"? Why do cities always have seven hills, and not 6 or 8? Does Cincinnati consider itself the New Rome?
                          There seem to be a limitless supply of cities on 7 hills

Comment

Cincinnati is twinned with Rome (you can guess whose idea that was) and considers both its name and the seven hills to evoke the Italian capital.

It may worth noting that Cincinnati’s nickname before this was Porkopolis, due to the thousands of hogs being driven through its streets every day.

Comment

Sheffield is a seven hills city too. And, Iasi, Romania where I am off to tomorrow morning.

Comment

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills

Comment

I see that the Australians got bored making up interesting names...

Comment

Oh yeah, good bit of well thought out Aussie nomenclature.

So Athens, Texas and Rome, Georgia.

Comment

I'm going to stick this here as well. Mainly because thread duplication does Ray's head in.

Caversham United want help picking a new crest.

https://twitter.com/CavershamUnited/status/1066812110976503808?s=19

https://twitter.com/CavershamUnited/...976503808?s=19

Comment

Shouldn't they decide on their colours first?

Comment

New crest for Club Athletico Paranaense:

The lowdown on the rebrand, for those who are interested

Comment

Any Lusophones able to help with the Atlético/Athletico switcheroo?

Comment

Maybe Bolsonaro cleared that spelling out along with the civil servants

Comment

the new logo looks like an homage to Sir Alex Ferguson's tie.

Comment

Well Hull City have certainly upped their game...

Before/after

Comment

That's starting to look more like some leopard-tiger hybrid, a leoger being the correct term I believe.
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-02-2019, 13:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X