Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life Changing Experiences ( Non-mundane of course)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Changing Experiences ( Non-mundane of course)

Is this what's being called for?

Essentially births, marriages and deaths plus other more than mundane events.

The antonym appears to be "extraordinary". That's one of those odd words, isn't it? To be extra ordinary seems to imply being mundane.

Comment

Earlier this year Mrs Thistle finally got diagnosed with a genetic condition that is the UNDERLYING REASON for all her interactions with the local outpatients dept. It took 20 years for someone to send her to see the right person.

It was an extraordinary thing and we still haven't really processed it all. She is super rare - less than 300 people in the UK have it, literally a few in a million.

Comment

extra = out of

extra-curricular, extra-territorial etc

The way extraordinary is pronounced makes it sounds as if the thing you're describing used to be trordinary.

Comment

My father-in-law could well be off to meet whoever he's been worshipping for the last 92 years in the very near future, but he does keep managing to put it off, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
            extra = out of

extra-curricular, extra-territorial etc

The way extraordinary is pronounced makes it sounds as if the thing you're describing used to be trordinary.
            Ah, thank you, EEG. 'Extra-" is above Year 6 prefixes.

Comment

Ah, bugger.

[to GO, obv]

Comment

I broke my toe a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                  I broke my toe a few weeks ago. Does that count?
                  Depends. Did you do a Billy Bonds?

Comment

I don't know whether Billy Bonds actually did a Billy Bonds. But that's what legend says.

Comment

Billy Bonds didn't do a Billy Bonds. Martin Lee did a Billy Bonds on Billy Bonds after Billy Bonds tried to withhold a percentage of the fee for BoM's performance at an end of season players dinner.

Comment

So, without getting ahead of myself, I am 99.9% certain of getting a Green Card.

I might have to provide one further piece of evidence, but it's doable, so am I bovvered?

The interview was a breeze. Didn't ask 'Im indoors a thing. They already had all the evidence required, so I wasted 3 weeks shitting myself for nowt. I'll find out within a couple of days if I need to follow up on the 'thing', but the officer said it's all but approved. All they really wanted was to see us together at the interview, and we didn't actively show signs of not knowing each other.

So, yeah. I'm pretty fucking stoked.

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

It's a really stressful process, and they wind you up like crap before the interview. My experience of the interview itself was the same as yours. Almost laughable, because once they've got all the paperwork in place they trust you.

Congratulations of getting through it.

Comment

Comment

Congrats Gero!

Comment

Congrats Gero.

It’s not my own experience, but i thought I would share in case anyone didn’t see this. Our own former member John Doran recently wrote about his recovery dealing with mild brain traumatic injury, and of course it was great.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...y-own-thoughts

Comment

Yeah. Nice one Gero. It must be an acme sized weight off your mind.

Comment

Brilliant news Ger, it’s a massive thing.

Inca was that his board name? Wondering if his time has on OTF was before I was here.

Comment

He was originally Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass and latterly simply Carcass

Comment

Congrats, Gero!

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            He was originally Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass and latterly simply Carcass
                                            Ah, one of those legendary OTFers who left a little while before I got here. The Horse was another.

OTF’s not what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                              Congrats Gero.

It’s not my own experience, but i thought I would share in case anyone didn’t see this. Our own former member John Doran recently wrote about his recovery dealing with mild brain traumatic injury, and of course it was great.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...y-own-thoughts
                                              Damn, that’s good.

Comment

Good news Gero.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

And thanks Inca. That article was really good.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X