• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave

Chas Hodges RIP.

Gertcha!

Comment

In all the time they were famous I never knew their surnames,Chas Hodges rings a bell but I'd never get Dave Peacock

Comment

Ain’t No Pleasing Him.

Comment

Ain't No Reviving Him

Comment

If it were Sam and Dave, we could have "Hold on, I'm dyin'"

Comment

'Chas & Grave' seems an obvious one.

RIP. Met him a couple of decades back and talked all things Spurs. He was a very nice fellow.

Comment

That's the impression I get from the tributes. The descriptions of him seem sincere.

Comment

Oddly, "Spearmint Rhino/BOREDOFEDUCATIONISACUNT once of this parish is one of the main tribute-givers. I did wait a while to post on Facebook to see that there was some hitherto unknown to me nasty or questionable side to his nature but seemingly not.

Comment

I have a soft spot for Chas and Dave, so was gutted to hear this news this morning.

Comment

Had no idea what a fascinating life and career he’d had until I heard Danny Baker interview him a while back - he came across as a proper lovely, talented bloke.

Comment

Crossed paths with him and Dave a few times, always a pleasure.

Comment

Shit, just realised what this thread title meant.

Bummer.

Comment

Once of Heads, Hands & Feet who were one of the great "How did they not make it big?" bands of the 70s.

As someone said in The Guardian there were some real gems in Chas & Dave's output as long as you avoided the ones with "Knees-up" or "Jamboree" in the title.

On a personal note, at my dad's funeral I had to finish the eulogy by introducing a recording of "Snooker Loopy".

Comment

No more "Rabbit". A genuinely nice bloke. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X