Singers You Mixed Up As A Teenager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    Oh yes, these two. I also got them both confused with Paul Young.
    Which Paul Young?

Comment

Fuck me. I didn't even know there were two! I mean the one who did Like A Hurricane and After The Goldrush...

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
        Which Paul Young?
        Love is in the Air?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
          I appreciate they're worlds apart but I still have cognitive issues with Bruno Mars and Ollie Murs. Mainly because I have no interest whatsoever in either of them.

Some of these are utterly bewildering, though. (Ian Astbury and Ian Hunter??)

As I'm sure mine will be to others.
          Hah, indeed. I wouldn't confuse those two Ians on their own, but put them in a continuum with Ian Anderson in the middle and you've got a recipe for befuddlement. I think, oddly, it's because whilst I had no trouble remember Astbury is the Cult chap, the fact that he's more recently (and, to my mind, bizarrely) done stuff with The Doors that's muddied the waters, as one of the other Ians would superficially seem less of a logical leap – if only because they're more of that generation.

Hunter being Jethro and Anderson being Mott or vice versa is where I have more trouble, perhaps because both band names also sound like names, if you see what I mean. I also had it in my head that one of them was gay, but looking up both on Wikipedia doesn't suggest either is, so now I'm wondering who the hell that third (fourth?) party I was thinking of is...

Oh yes, these two. I also got them both confused with Paul Young.
          I was also going to say "Which one?"!
          Fuck me. I didn't even know there were two! I mean the one who did Like A Hurricane and After The Goldrush...
          Joking aside, you've probably discovered by now that the Wherever I Lay My Hat one existed in the 1980s charts alongside the singer from Sad Café of the same name. I only really know the latter (and late) Paul Young though for having sung with Mike + the Mechanics before they linked up with their more famous and enduring singer Paul Carrack. I think Young did the original All I Need Is A Miracle, but Carrack was on board by the time they did Silent Running, The Living Years, etc.

Comment

Lil Peep, Lil Pump, Lil Wayne and Lil Uzi Vert.

Actually, it's only the first two. I actually know my Waynes v my Uzi Verts.

Say'n?

Comment

Jimmie Rogers and Hank Williams. Until I was about 13.

Comment

Me too. Actually I mixed up many male C&W singers from that era, not the women for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                X