iFollow streams for Football League matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFollow streams for Football League matches

So we've done this twice now, for Ipswich v Norwich and Ipswich v Brentford last night (as I've mentioned before but in case anyone didn't know, I'm a Norwich fan who married into an Ipswich family, so feel at least 20% Blue these days - but that's not what this thread is about).

Basically - for the uninitiated - you register on a club's website and can stream matches which are outside of the Saturday 2:45-5:15 window and which are not the 'main' Sky game, at £10 a pop. And it's very good, actually. The audio feed in the case of Ipswich comes from BBC Radio Suffolk, which is always decent, and it is timed well with the pictures too. There are multiple camera angles and replays, and in terms of quality/lag we reckon it's better than the Sky Now TV streams we've used before. Mind you. for £10, you'd hope it was pretty good.

I've no idea though how much of the money goes to the club. My receipt is made out to EFL Digital, which makes me wonder if they redistribute all the iFollow money as shared revenue, which would be nice.

Overall, 7/10, would watch Jordan Spence repeatedly caught out of position again.

I've heard that this season it's been awful- bad connections, constant buffering, etc etc.

Comment

After all my belly-aching on the D4 thread, and my rude/pompous emails to EFL Digital, I'm actually a lot happier with it this season. The commentary is now fed through from Radio Lincolnshire and is just about synchronised, they now display the actual score, and the camera-work is much more professional. I'm still sure they have the technology to do the odd replay, especially for goals, but maybe next season. Streaming has been fine overall, much better than last season, apart from the first time I tuned in and missed the first 20 minutes of Grimsby-Lincoln.

Comment

Wonder if the quality is club-dependent in some way then?

Just found the bit about EFL Digital on the EFL site - it says 'EFL Digital does not take any payment from those EFL clubs that use the platform. EFL Digital generates revenues from the platforms which are then distributed to clubs once central costs have been paid.' It doesn't say how the distribution is worked out though, i.e. whether or not it is equal.

Oh yes, and the name of the thing always gives me a U2 earworm.

Comment

Working...
        X