No announcement yet.

"Tampons"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not that simple though. It takes 20 years for evidenced best practice to become normal practice in healthcare. You need to replace a generation of staff schooled in the old ways.

Screening services will go with known technology their staff are trained in because a) money, and b) fuck ups can be fucking catastrophic.

I don't know why MRI couldn't be used, from a technical point of view. But those machines aren't cheap and there are scores of mammogrammers that would need retraining. Which is also expensive.

Comment

On a lighter note, I recall as a kid putting all words ending in 'x' into my own mental category: Tampax, Tippex, T Rex, Disco Tex

Comment

My 5 year old nephew doesn't understand why you spell fox with an x but you don't spell dux with an x.

Comment

Unless you use it to mean 'valedictorian', or in reference to the pre-war Russian vehicle manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
            I found mooncups painful, but would use something equally eco-friendly (washable rags or something) if people generally weren't so squeamish and uptight about it.
            My girlfriend's been a bit luckier there. She started using a cup ... probably about a year and a half ago, I think, and loves it. Very much marks her out as a hippy weirdo here (there's no one here who makes them, and only one company able to import a Brazilian brand of them), but she's very happy with it. Although she's not sure whether/how she'll be able to use it while we're on holiday in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              Unless you use it to mean 'valedictorian', or in reference to the pre-war Russian vehicle manufacturer.
              No he meant a bird that quax.

Comment

This guy is my hero: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26260978.amp

Also my workplace has just introduced free female sanitary products in all the on-site toilets. There is almost universal approval but one woman complained on the staff blog because she's always organised and brings spare ones in her handbag and everyone else should do the same.

Separately, I've just bought some sustainable reusable bamboo sanitary pads on the recommendation of a friend. If they work well that'll reduce my guilt about period related plastic pollution.

Comment

Great story, hope he's successful.

Comment

brilliant story.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                      Amazing. Really amazing on so many levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X