Squeaky clean clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaky clean clubs

So I'm thinking of clubs who have never been deducted points/had their stadiums closed for a while/directly relegated/had titles taken away from them/expelled from competitions/forced to play behind closed doors etc. due to hooliganism/financial shenanigans/on-pitch battles (hello Arsenal and Man Utd) paying bung money to various official bodies/using cup-tied players etc.

So that automatically excludes Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal, Marseilles, Real Madrid, and probably just about every Italian club which exists. And many more.

Is yours a squeaky clean club?
    Last edited by Sporting; 13-09-2018, 19:19.

Shrewsbury got kicked out of the Welsh Cup for using an ineligible player.

Which is the footballing equivalent of running through fields of wheat.

Comment

The original Corinthians would have to qualify, no?

Comment

No, Norwich were kicked out of amateur football in 1904 and had to go professional (joining The Southern League in 1905). The scandal was of an amateur club doing stuff like this:

fees ... paid for the use of a gymnasium and also for the training and massage of players. The sum of £8 was also paid to a player when he left the club. Payments were made to players without a receipt being taken. The club advertised for players ... [the] secretary ... spent considerable sums of money in travelling to other towns in East Anglia ... complete outfits ... were bought for players out of club funds ... there was no adequate system for checking gate money ... travelling expenses were ... excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

If the stories are true, they even refused to take penalties awarded to them.

Comment

The scandals around Raith Rovers have been more of incompetence (hiring Anelka’s brother etc) than malign stuff. Can’t remember any real casuals bollocks either outside of kids playing at wedge haircuts and Tacchini naughty (and those lads hardly ever went to the games). A prosaic club for a prosaic toun.

Comment

I can't think that Bath City have ever troubled the FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                The scandals around Raith Rovers have been more of incompetence (hiring Anelka’s brother etc) than malign stuff. Can’t remember any real casuals bollocks either outside of kids playing at wedge haircuts and Tacchini naughty (and those lads hardly ever went to the games). A prosaic club for a prosaic toun.
                A naughty bit of googling brings this up:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ipped-11993457

Comment

You're more likely to find a squeaky clean team of child soldiers than a squeaky clean team of posh victorians.

Comment

Of course, but the question is whether they had been caught and sanctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                      A naughty bit of googling brings this up:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ipped-11993457
                      Fuck sake Rovers

Comment

Celtic's fans can be a fucking nightmare. Hello Rapid Vienna!

Comment

I like to think that Burnleys current squeaky clean, lots of peoples second team image is sort of karma for a long and notable period of being ruled by the Cunty Chairman's Cunty Chairman. I bet Ken Bates had a poster of him on his wall.

Comment

Of course, but the question is whether they had been caught and sanctioned.
                            surely most of their bad behaviour would have state sanction? the empire was a big and exciting place.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                              If the stories are true, they even refused to take penalties awarded to them.
                              The story is also that they withdrew their keeper if a penalty was awarded against them rather than have him attempt to save it.

Comment

Aseptic Bilbao
                                Blackburn Kosher

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                    I was at the Fife derby in 2012 when a Raith player got sent off on police advice.

Comment

Bury were kicked out of the cup in 2006 for fielding an illegible player. Humiliating.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                        Bury were kicked out of the cup in 2006 for fielding an illegible player. Humiliating.
                                        Very important that the manager has good handwriting.

Comment

We were once kicked out of the Northern Premier League Cup.
                                          We were beating Runcorn 3-0, then in the last minute of the game we decided to bring on a cup-tied player who we'd just signed..from Runcorn.

Comment

One or two sanctions for my lot back in 1994-95. Somehow these were overturned before the season was even half done.

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                            Reminds me (in a very roundabout way) of the tale of Matt Busby, who, when a young, relatively-unknown player, was asked by Manchester census-takers what was his occupation. His Lanarkshire accent was so indecipherable that it was recorded as 'fruit boiler'.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                                              Aseptic Bilbao

Bilbao were fined for incidents before a game against Dinamo Moscow, I think this year.

Comment

Does anyone remember when Middlesbrough didn't turn up to play Blackburn?

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                                  I was half asleep when I wrote that. I knew I was wrong. Buy my books, folks!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X