An evening for EIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An evening for EIM

Eric Cantona's doing one of these at the Lowry on 28th October. As well as alerting EIM to that (I think his restraining order has expired) have any OTFers been to one of these, and are they fun or as much of a let down as many ghost written autobiographies?

Apparently they're a fucking rip off. There were loads of complaints about his one in London last year. None about the Manchester one, but they could stick a video of Eric taking his morning dump up on loop in the Whitworth and people would queue round the block for it.

Sean Ryder did one at the Ritz the other night. Trotted out the same tired stories for the millionth time, then took a question and answer session where someone from Leeds asked him if he'd ever eaten a banana without peeling it. According to my mate who blagged a freebie. Naturally I didn't go as I'm not a fucking idiot and will only leave the flat if absolutely unavoidable.

He's great though, Eric, isn't he? Good player, funny antics, good politics, handsome, excellent on instagram. We need more Eric threads.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
      Apparently they're a fucking rip off. There were loads of complaints about his one in London last year. None about the Manchester one, but they could stick a video of Eric taking his morning dump up on loop in the Whitworth and people would queue round the block for it.

Sean Ryder did one at the Ritz the other night. Trotted out the same tired stories for the millionth time, then took a question and answer session where someone from Leeds asked him if he'd ever eaten a banana without peeling it. According to my mate who blagged a freebie. Naturally I didn't go as I'm not a fucking idiot and will only leave the flat if absolutely unavoidable.

He's great though, Eric, isn't he? Good player, funny antics, good politics, handsome, excellent on instagram. We need more Eric threads.
      Well, had he?

Comment

No he hadn't. I'm not surprised by this, but at the same time if you had to pick a 90s music star who you thought would have eaten a banana with the peel still on, you'd pick Sean Ryder.

Or Ian Brown, I suppose.

Comment

Actually, I think that I'd prefer an evening with EIM. Especially if it was at his pub...

Comment

You're welcome any time.

Comment

That's actually high on my list once I can travel again (family circumstances making it very difficult at the moment).

Comment

Big news (well, big*ish*) on the pub front I can't talk about until tomorrow due to a media embargo. Which is a pretty daft thing for a pub landlord to be typing.

I'd love to have a 'thon in the place. We had a mini when Guy was in the other week. There was the secret OTF nod I give to people so I don't have to publicly acknowledge how much time I spend on internet message boards, but a proper get together would mean that was not necessary. We could all wear hats.

Comment

An Evening With EIM, Manchester Central Convention Complex

Like everyone in the intimate audience of 2500, I was looking forward to this rare appearance by one of Manchester's great folk heroes. Sadly, the event did not deliver what most of the assembled faithful were hoping for. As EIM took the stage, the knowledgeable crowd immediately noticed that his Adidas Spezial Milton Keynes were the same pair that he been wearing in a Facebook post in June 2017. His purple Sergio Pizzorno x C.P. Company three goggle poncho was misguided at best.

Despite compere Juan Mata's valiant attempts to spark the conversation into life, EIM seemed distracted, mumbling his answers and only interacting with the audience to ask whether anyone could explain a frame from this week's David Squires cartoon. Both men's beards appeared to be false. After 20 minutes, to boos and catcalls, EIM left the stage, claiming that he was, "going to get some halloumi."

Verdict: decent value at £68.30 including fees. Will be back for EIM's Big Christmas Evening in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    Actually, I think that I'd prefer an evening with EIM. Especially if it was at his pub...
                    Me an' all

Comment

The absolute state of those CP Company goggle ponchos. Honestly. What were they thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Me an' all
                        Can ye's hang on until I am allowed out of the country (and back in, of course)?

Comment

The evening that Eric did at Bath City is still spoken about in hushed tones but we are a bit starved of celebrity here (aside from Anthony Head).

Comment

So what was the embargoed pub news? I've barely slept for excitement.

Comment

We've been bought by the Class of 92 as part of Lim and Neville's plans to redevelop this part of town.

Nah. Not really. We're in the Good Beer Guide. Which is apparently a bit of a big deal.

Comment

Two paws up!

Comment

Have you developed a massive beer belly and a terrible beard, EIM?

Comment

I am over next month, and have a couple of weeks to bum about on my own in November before coming home, but I fear I'll be unable to make it up to Manchester this time, which is a shame as I know exactly where EIM's pub is and could turn up announced so he doesn't have the chance to find an excuse to avoid me this time. I'll have to rely on his Argentina trip actually happening (and then wait and see what excuse he comes up with this time).

Comment

We've been bought by the Class of 92 as part of Lim and Neville's plans to redevelop this part of town.

Nah. Not really. We're in the Good Beer Guide. Which is apparently a bit of a big deal.
                                      Nice work! That's the one that tells you every pub in the country where you can buy Stella, right?

Comment

Yeah, but does it count given that the imbeciles that run Camra still haven't managed to produce a print edition of the book? (though they did succeed in updating the rubbish app)

Congratulations btw, have to pop in at some point for a pint of Good Beer.

Comment

I think there is a print edition. I got a letter asking if I wanted to buy ten copies...

Comment

Conveniently located for BB&F, too.

Comment

I'd love to have a 'thon in the place.
                                              I was going to stop for a night in Manchester on November 25th in my way up to Scotland, to see the Bands FC exhibit - but it finishes November 22, most selfishly. But if there happened to be an OTF do in your boozer that night...

Comment

We can always arrange one.

Comment

Working...
                                                X