Fenella Fielding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fenella Fielding

Gone but not forgotten (by some of us anyway.)

Fine comedy actress, wonderful voice (and one of my earliest female fantasies)

Likewise AdC. Sad news indeed.

Comment

Thirded, RIP

Comment

4thed, actually.

Comment

Blimey, I was interviewing someone for a book job the other day, and as an example of her work she pulled out Fenella's autobiography, which she had edited. We had a nice little chat about her, as it was the first time I'd come across her name in years.
          RIP.

Comment

Fenella was recently mentioned in the following thread;

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/sho...ch-other/page2

RIP.

Comment

Yes, figured we'd spoken of her recently.

RIP. She was quite 'the something'.

Comment

A friend of mine interviewed her last year (as I mentioned on another thread) and she was in fine form.

Comment

Sad news. As mentioned, I'd see her out and about in Chiswick now and again and she was a striking and charismatic figure even in her 80s.

When people have asked me whether the expense and hassle of living in London is worth it, seeing Fenella Fielding in the supermarket always struck me as being a good example of why it is.

Comment

I always got her mixed up with Floella Benjamin, which is nobody's fault but my own.

Comment

With Liz Fraser's death last week the carry on stars are getting thin on the ground,just Jim Dale, Barbara Windsor and Bernard Cribbins left.
                      The great escape is down to David Mc Callum and John Leighton,who'll be the last one standing?

Comment

I had the serious hots for Fenella Fielding when I was younger. And that voice...

RIP.

Comment

ahc’s “endorsement” encouraged me to read her BBC obituary. I didn’t recognise the name at all, though I ow think I may have seen her in Earnest

What a life (and what a sad waste of talent for reasons very much beyond her control). Though rave reviews of one’s performance in The Trojan Women is a god damn great way to close one’s scrapbook.

I’m also convinced that she could have played all of ahc’s female clients in the stage and film adaptations of the book.

RIP
                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 13-09-2018, 02:32.

Comment

Interestingly Glynis Johns (who had a similar vocal huskiness to Fenella Fielding, though a more international career) is still going strong at 94. I found it easy to confuse them on radio.

Comment

Found out yesterday that Ms Fielding was born in the same week as my ol' man.

She managed to outlive him by a mere twenty-three years.

Comment

Great anecdote in the Guardian obit about Fellini proposing to invent a film with 6 female characters all played by her

Comment

Working...
                                X