Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using up your "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People stumble over our childlessness too, sometimes. The worst, I find, are ‘intense, spiritual’ people who decide they can psychoanalyse you about it - ‘you’re from a large Catholic family aren’t you..?’ (nodding meaningfully).
    I’ve also had odd reactions when I’ve played with other people’s kids or picked up babies/toddlers- ‘You’re good with kids!/but you don’t have any..’
    As PT says, it’s a right people feel they have to comment & question your choice

Comment

I wonder if I'm 'good with kids' because I don't have any. Like I think it's funny if my nephew hides in a bin during hide and seek but his dad wouldn't.

Comment

TLMG and I don't have children by choice, and in my experience the only people who have ever seemed to understand this as the rational choice of two actual grown-ups are our gay friends in Belgium. Just about everyone else - my immediate family included, at times, up until the point where I made it abundantly clear that there weren't going to be any mini-Tobys making the place look untidy, thank you - has at some point reassured me that I'd "feel differently about kids once I'd had my own". Yeah, stop doing that.

Anyway. From what I've read, Bored, you've given all the support and help you can and have done the very best possible in a bad situation. Bored Jr. will learn over time - as those of us lucky enough to have parents who care generally do - that your decisions were made with his best interests at heart.
        Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 14-09-2018, 13:22.

Comment

Working...
        X